Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allison79 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 03:11 AM
    sorting data
    hi there, another excel question. So I have 2 columns of interst in my spreadsheet. One column is a modulus of a running time score (all values range from 0-2000). The other column is a series of 0's, and some other numbers not of interst. I am interested in all of my modulus values that have 0 values in the other column. What I want to do is create a third column that bins modulus values in increments of 50. I need to do this so that I can graph my data: number of responses (0's) across time (modulus). I can see what to do, and have been manually counting and entering the count, but is taking way too long. Any advice? Thanks!
    example:
    0... 145...
    0... 300...
    0... 175...
    1.. not intersted in 1's...
    0... 325...
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

May 4, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Could you post a small sample spreadsheet with a manually sorted column.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 4, 2007, 06:57 AM
    You could start by sorting the data so that all the 0 related columns are at the top, to do this select the first two columns, then click 'Data' > 'Sort', sort the data 'Ascending' by the column with the '0's' in!

What do you want to do with this data then?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Lost Data [ 5 Answers ]

My PC (it crashed) used to access files from a networked computer. This networked computer also died a few months back, but since I had opted to cache all the files from this networked PC there was no problem. I did however continue to access files from this cache, but last week my PC crashed. ...

Data Recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hard drive that crashed, I want to recover files, so a put it on a PC as a slave and able to see the files.the trouble that I'm having is some of the file that I want to access will not let me access them.how do I access these files?

Better MP3 software/sorting solution [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... When I listen to CDs, I choose the CD by the cover art, but when I'm listening to MP3s its only after I hear it that I can see the cover art... Also, when I listen to CDs I have them shuffled all over the place.. not grouped by genre, but dynamically thrown into various piles and...

View more questions Search