Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    l1nd6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 01:21 AM
    Adobe Acrobat 6 Professional
    I have been using this version of Acrobat for a couple of years but suddenly when I try to open any windows in any web sites the program runs through the opening procedure (which it has never done before) then gives me this message " instruction at
    0x2d82fa63 referenced memory at 0x00000008" and then nothing I cannot view the pictures or information. Please help. Linda
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 4, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Are you trying to open a PDF file in a web browser?

If you open a pdf already saved on your computer, do you get the same message?
    l1nd6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 06:31 AM
    You are quite correct this happens only when trying to open something in the web browser I can open saved on my computer pdf files.
    Regards Linda

May 7, 2007, 08:13 AM
    What web browser are you using?

Open Acrobat and go to edit menu, and select preferences. There should be an option under Internet to display pdf in browser. Is it checked ?

Also you my try to do a repair install of Acrobat also, perhaps the plugin is somehow corrupted.

May 8, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Glad that helped. :)

As a side note, you should run a chkdsk on the hard drive. When a file or data gets corrupted somehow, it could be due to a bad sector.

Open My Computer, right-click on the drive (probably c:) - Properties - Tools - Error Checking. Make sure you check "Automatically fix file errors".

It will schedule this as a task, so when you reboot the PC, it will run the erroring checking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe Acrobat: Save web page to .pdf [ 8 Answers ]

I've got Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0. Saving a webpage as pdf: 2006 Program Guide I want to squish it to one page (.pdf). I want to try it both landscape and portrait to see if either is readable... How do I do this? Thanks!

Adobe Acrobat Standard 6.0: HTML2PDF plugin fails to load [ 3 Answers ]

I get this message every time I open Acrobat... and presume this is why I can't convert html to pdf. How can I fix this? Acrobat help is no help :o Thanks!

Adobe Acrobat Pro. How to insert form field? [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've done this before but can't find the "how to" reminder from Help: I've got a basic pdf document that is a form (but no editable form fields). I want to be able to type to complete the form. How do I do that? Thanks!

View more questions Search