Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ColieGirl626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Can an hourly employees wages be cut
    :confused: There has been some discussion in upper management about cutting some employees hourly wages. Can this be done? Can they only cut certain employees or would they have to do it to all?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
    As long as they don't go below minimum wage I would think yes.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
    They can do it like Lowtax4eva says as long as minimum wage laws are not violated. You may be entitled to Unemployment Benefits, though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 03:19 PM
    A company may lower wages, cut benefits basically anytime they want ifyou are not under contract or part of a barganing unit.

They can do it many ways as long as no discrimination is used while doing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The difference between salary and hourly wages? [ 2 Answers ]

When hiring someone on a pemanent basis (full time) what are the pros and cons of the employer paying the employee salary opposed to wages? Thank you

The difference between salary and hourly wages? [ 2 Answers ]

When hiring someone on a permanent basis (full time) what are the pros and cons of the employer paying the employee salary opposed to wages? Thank you

Social security wages, medicare wages [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student in the US on F-1 visa. I have filed federal tax returns twice and NY state tax returns once preciously. Both times my W-2 did not show social security wages or medicare wages (and the tax withheld for each of these). However, this year my W-2 shows figures on...

Cut her loose or cut her slackj [ 3 Answers ]

Dude, this sounds bad, but my friend is hott(not in a lesbo way), and she is friends with all the guys. But whenever she tries to help out a friend, they always endup liking her! It really ticks me off because all the guys love her and I really don't need her taking the only guy I got! She always...

View more questions Search