Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pquinn34 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Computer hangs after recognizing hardware
    I have a home built computer that has been running perfectly for about 5 yrs. It has an MSI (K7T266 pro2), one gig of RAM, 1.6 AMD Athlon chip running win xp pro.
    As of this morning the machine boots to the point of recognizing the hardware and whether its working etc, at this point it hangs and will not boot any further. Appreciate any ideas on this problem, thanks.
    meltonea Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Have you tried checking your bios or maybe resetting it back to the default? It might have a problem with trying to recognize your hard drive with the OS.

May 5, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Yes thanks, I removed the small battery on the motherboard and checked it with my meter to see if it was still alive and then replaced it about 15 minutes later . To the best of my knowledge that should reset the motherboard to default settings. In the meantime I'll check the manual and see if there are jumpers I can reset. :) I forgot to mention that I used three different drives with three different OS on them Vista, Xphome and win 2000 prol

May 11, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Thanks for any comeback to my question, It seems that the re-set to default did the trick.
    The machine is back in action with some small anomalies, but these can be adjusted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer hangs up while installing xp [ 4 Answers ]

Help me please! I am building my first PC based on the Asus K8V-X and AMD Sempron 2800+. I'm also using my old Nvidia video card, Soundblaster live, my old 80 gb Seagate hard drive and one Samsung pC3200 memory. The problem is ,the computer hangs up every time at the same spot whenever I...

Firefox not recognizing Download Action [ 11 Answers ]

I've got .wav files to open with windows media player, but I keep getting the prompt - even though I have the "always use" box checked too. I'm using FF 2.0 with no add-ons installed. Any advice? Thanks!

Computer hardware [ 1 Answers ]

How can I unlock the keyboard of my laptop

Recognizing a heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

I moved to Illinois recently from southern Calif. We didn't have heat pumps there and not sure how to know if there is one. Its has central air and heat, but is all electric. I need to buy a programmable thermostat and seem to remember there being provisions for some thermostats acomadating a heat...

View more questions Search