Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherylped Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Marketing to Doctors
    I am looking for way to market software to doctors. We have tried some of the usual methods, advertising in magazines, visiting trade shows and small test of mailing brochures but nothing seems to make a big impact. Any suggests? Perhaps we are in the wrong magazines and someone can point me to the right ones. Maybe there are a few websites they regularly visit. Or is there something we can send them that they would respond to? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Most marketing to doctors is done in person, the drug companies, the medical equpment people, the Oxygen suppliers, They all hire very well paid professional sells people to go and sit and sit and get in to see a doctor.

** I was in the medical supply field, and this is what they do.
    From the x-ray equipment to the needles, to the testing equipment, they all have reps that go in, buy them donuts or lunch or just visit for a bit.
    Plus of course in addition to the trade shows, and magizines.
    This gets your known known, so they know who you are when you go into their office.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 4, 2007, 02:24 PM
    FREE samples of the software - if it is helpful, it will sell itself.

The software has to make the doctor's job easier.
    Something that increases efficiency, or productivity, or increase revenue.

Good luck
    pupalu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 04:16 PM
    I totally agree with FR_Chuck. The best is to knock on these doctors' offices and get to know the "gatekeeper" (usually the front desk person) and later the Office Manager. You can ask for an in-service or buy them lunch to discuss your product/service. The doctors are always busy but if there is food, they might join you and you'll have at least 10 minutes of their time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any good doctors left [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find me a doctor that will act concerned with my symptoms every time I feel like I am getting somewhere with my doctor something happens they move or get bs from my insurance and won't see me anymore. For about 2 years I have been experiencing extremely bad leg pains that have now...

Pregnant IUD in and Doctors can't find it [ 12 Answers ]

OK so the story is short, I have been on the IUD for 19 months now. A couple of months ago my IUD was giving me problems even making me think I was pregnant so I went to the doctor and they tucked the strings back around to make sure it was in place, well everything was going good for about 3...

Should I go to the Doctors or Ride it out? [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning, Here is my scenerio... I am 44, have ALWAYS had regular and normal periods, but have missed my last one completely... I would assume maybe the start of perimenopausal, except I have been having cramping every since the time I should have started and also dull pain in lower left side...

Problem with doctors [ 1 Answers ]

Nadia, I`ve come across another ethical problem with doctors, they are now using Biofeed back machines which were developed by the milititary as "Mind Control" devices... Originally the FDA band less (perhaps powerful versions) Over many years. Now they seem not to realise what was known as...

View more questions Search