Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trikashoe Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 09:07 PM
    What about the gender?
    Hiya I know its just impossible to know what you are having as in GENDER but does someone have an tricks or secrets on how to find out what gender your/my baby is?? Thanks
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Well, I know this may sound strange, but I went with my own intuition...
    I knew 100% without a doubt what gender my children were - before I had the Dr. tell me.
    It was just something I knew at the moment after I learned I was pregnant.

I don't understand how, but it was an intuitable knowing.
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 3, 2007, 07:20 AM
    I wish I could say that worked for all moms-to-be, but it doesn't. I had a feeling for 5 months that I was carrying a girl. I kept call the baby "Suzanne" (which is what I was going to name "her"). Luckily I didn't buy and baby girl stuff, because when I went in for the 20 week ultrasound, I found out I was having a beautiful baby boy! I was so happy even though I was wrong! The only real way to tell is to get an ultrasound once the baby is big enough, or to know for sure, when the baby is born. But, it sure is fun trying to find out on your own, using all the little test that are online and such.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 08:59 AM
    I'm afraid that short of an amnio test(which I wouldn't suggest unless medically nescisary), or ultrasound, there is no way to tell if you are having a boy or girl. There are plenty of wives tales out there, but none can give you an absolutely. I'm afraid you'll just have to play the guessing game until you get that ultrasound. Good luck
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

May 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
    A couple of the old wives tales from my family...

Take a necklace and hold it over your belly while you lay down. If it swings back and forth (without any encouragement) it is a boy, and if it swings in a circle it's a girl.

And my favorite (has worked with all the babies in our family so far)...
    Have someone look at you from behind. If you look pregnant from the back (ei. Your waist line is now strait up and down) it is a girl. If you do not look pregnant from the back (you still have your curvy waist, above your hips) it is a boy.

l l l l
    )( =boy l l =girl
    l l l l
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

May 3, 2007, 11:57 AM
    My little "pics" didn't come out right. Sorry!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 11:58 AM
    I had amnio on both of mine and the chromosomes tell it like it is.

I had genetic issues, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless there is a good reason.
    nevaehsmomma Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 03:07 PM
    I knew I was carrying a girl (or I just wanted one and I got lucky!) but I was extremely sick for the first 6 months opposed to my friend who had a boy and never got sick. She also got bigger faster and craved meats, I craved sweets. I heard if you prefer one to the other it could help you tell, but you never really know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gender Inequality [ 20 Answers ]

I am from India. I am aware that India is currently facing many internal problems and I would like to make people aware of this and persuade them to unite to fight this problem. The problems are 1) Increasing Feminism leading to collapse of social infrastructure. 2) Biased legal system where Laws...

Determine Gender [ 1 Answers ]

I am 15 weeks pregnant. How many weeks will I have to be before the gender of my baby can be detected by ultrasound?:)

Everything Has A Gender [ 1 Answers ]

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender... *Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them. *Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the...

Gender prediction [ 4 Answers ]

Any old wives tales, etc... for predicting the sex of an unborn baby? I'm about 3 months pregnant with my second child... Jennyjenm

Baby's gender [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and curious if it is a boy or a girl

View more questions Search