Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristinchase Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 01:49 PM
    How do I cut through exterior wall to add second bathroom sink plumbing?
    I am remodeling my master bathroom and want to add sink. Currently, there is one set of pipes for a sink and would like to splice them into a second sink. The problem is that the current plumbing is located in an exterior wall and I need to know how to cut open the wall, so that I can expose the plumbing. Then, I can add my additional plumbing for the new sink. Please Help - anyone!

Thanks,
    Kristin
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Is there a reason why you can't get at it by demoing out an interior wall?

Cutting open and repairing an exterior wall is going to require repairing the vapor barrier, the underlayment and the siding itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing-bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

Just Put New Bathroom Sink Top In And Seem To Have A Problem With Water Leaking From The Stopper Valve--we Fill Up Sink Then Let It Out And Water Keeps Coming Out Where The Stopper Valve Is--have Tightened It And Tried Two New Stopper Valves Still Keeps Leaking

Exterior Parged Block Wall [ 3 Answers ]

I had my exterior foundation block wall re-parged, first they applied a mesh wire then a layer of hand mixed water proof cement and then a hand mixed coat of parge consisting of concrete & sand. The problem is the entire foundation is spider web cracking from the bottom up. How can this be...

Bathroom sink drains through floor not wall [ 9 Answers ]

Hello First, let me say this a great forum. I just found it and registered. I want to put in a Kohler Cimmaron pedestal sink in my bathroom. The only difficulty is that the existing drain goes through the concrete floor rather than curving into the wall. And, it is about three inches off...

Supply and drain on exterior wall OK? (wisconsin winters... ) [ 2 Answers ]

Hey tom, thanks ahead of time for you're advice, :) What are your thoughts on placing supply and drains in an exterior wall. (knee wall in converted attic). I really don't have an alternative. The pipes being in the knee wall, I could always double up the wall and insulate the heck out of it. I...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search