Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeysucklebird2418 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Nerves on making it on the Dance team
    [F]Hey peeps I have a question I am going to tryout for the dance team but I am nervous about it. I love to dance. I guess I am afraid that I won't be able to get on the team because all the prepping girls are going out for it too. Any advice on how I can make it?:o [
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

May 2, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Just believe in yourself. If you practiced and you love dancing you will do great. GOOD LUCK!!
    DamnGina Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Don't worry about all those preppy girls ( I know how that is) just remember to be confident in all that you do and they will definantly see you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 05:24 PM
    I agree with the suggestions of the above two posts. Additionally, everybody gets nervous before an audition. If they didn't, then their heart is not really into it.

Just focus on what you need to do. People who are the most successful at what they do, are also the most focused on trying to obtain their goals.

For instance, if you need to be smiling as part of the dance tryout, then practice your facial expressions in a mirror. And, make sure during your tryout, that your facial expressions are directed to the person or people who will be deciding whether you make the dance team. The importance of facial expressions is often something that is overlooked by people when they are dancing.

Also, recovering from mistakes you might make in a routine is very important. Do so showing confidence and without missing a beat. The show must go on.

How about having a mock tryout a few times in front of friends?

Just some additional suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nerves of Mush [ 1 Answers ]

It happen to me again! We have a weekly meeting with our customers and I freeze up. My presentation is at the end so I have to wait to give my updates. What is happening is my nerves get to a point where my thoughts and speech go to mush. I believe this is effecting the way my customers react...

Sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves [ 1 Answers ]

Structural and functional differences between sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves.

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

View more questions Search