Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Oh yes, my daughter is absolutely beautiful, everything is perfect about her. She is very tall and very into all sports especially basket ball. Anyway, if she hears me talking she mimicks what I say about my body. I stopped that long ago, I noticed she shopped for clothes like I do and all that kind of stuff. I just let her know that she is pretty and has a lot going for her. I keep telling her nice things, like I like that outfit on you and so on... Kids say the darndest things. I think if we just keep reminding them of the good stuff they won't focus so much on "the bad stuff" Which most of it is just talk.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:26 AM
    We tell her all the time she is beautiful. And I do the same thing with her outfits. How cute they look and she likes that. But, there are days that she just doesn't feel pretty. And I know everyone has those days - but she is only 6. Isn't that early?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Not for some girls. I never worried about what I was wearing or any of that until I was around junior high age. ONLY because my friends were worried about it. My daughter has been very grown up since she came out of my tummy. Poor dear..
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:33 AM
    I always worried about what I was wearing. I always felt like I never could dress properly. If I wore jeans to school that day - all my friends wore dresses - or whatever.
    I still can't figure out what to wear!

I just thought that she would be like 12 before I caught her looking at herself in the mirror - examining her face, her stomach, etc. I am SO NOT READY FOR THE TEENAGE YEARS!
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Just wait till you hear that my daughter is ten now and started her period right before she turned 9. Only once did she actually have one and never since then, but the hormones are there at the same time every month. She is a, well lets just say that we know exactly when her period would have started that month. She also has lot's of pubic hair and armpit hair. Poor baby, no one understands her and her daddy doesn't get it. He is in HUGE denial of the fact that she even started. I on the other hand let stuff slip in that time with her. I talk to her before she goes to bed, one on one and it seems to help a lot.

She also like to have the perfect fit of clothing, one pair of pants has too much length in the crotch or her shirt is too long or short. It is killing me. I think she might be a little fashion designer, I told her that too! Hope she can get some good thing to pick out for me to wear cause she can make an outfit out of anything and look good.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:44 AM
    You know, I am DREADING when my daughter gets her period. Hopefully she will be 13, about the age when I started. Right now, the site of blood makes her scream.
    She is already having skin issues that normally come with puberty - so I am so afraid that she will start early.
    I wish she could stay little forever.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Same here. They are quite sweet when they don't know as much aren't they. I guess it is our job to keep them sweet as they find out things. Hope we both do a good job. My son on the other hand is 12 and he just got his first armpit hair. Exciting huh?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Boys are whole different thing. We only have a daughter - but our neighbors have a boy 14 months older. He tells jokes and sings songs - all about crap. He will start a joke like "Why did the door turn brown?" And of course the answer is crap. He has a whole "crap" song.
    I finally have to tell him that I just don't want to hear about that anymore. But he thinks it is so funny.
    They play a lot of the same games together and really love to hang out on a nice sunny day - so there aren't a lot of differences now - but I know they are coming.

I just don't know what I would do with a boy. I guess it is good I have a girl! :)
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

May 4, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Little girls are more "grown up" than ever. Sometimes I am very surprised by the things my daughter and her friends talk about... clothes, shoes, hairstyles, etc... I doubt I thought about that stuff until I was in jr high. Startover22, I hope you didn't think my comments about drama were aimed at you... they weren't. I was just expressing how I try to avoid getting too involved in discussions that get heated. Of course there are times when I just can't keep my mouth shut!
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 11:16 AM
    No I know they weren't aimed at me, but when I go back and look at some of my posts, it hit home to hear it!
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 11:19 AM
    All the girls that come over are already talking to boys and talking about what other girls call each other in school. I can't believe it. I am very proud of my daughter, she seems to be the one, showing the better ways to do things to her friends. And she calls it when they do wrong. She is the strongest soul I know. Besides her daddy!
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 11:54 AM
    That's good. What's your secret?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 12:16 PM
    I believe in God and I tell her what is right and wrong from the ten comandments. She pretty much took on a view of her own from the time we started talking about it. She is very argumental here at home but when it comes down to it at school, she is everyone's best friend, very trustworthy, and sweet. She really has a way with people and making them feel better. She can keep secrets for her friends, she always tells them to me but she knows that keeping a secret in important as long as it isn't a dangerous one. For some reason, she is just a good hearted little lady! I don't know what my secret is, I just know that I love her and I try to keep her as safe as possible by telling her the truth. I let her tell me her view and then we talk about why my views are diffent from hers and sometimes I hate to admit it but she is the right one. People need to hear not just listen, they are two totally different things. At least that is my opinion.
    bettyb Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Live and let live. Let's be tolerant of other parenting methods and as long as none of the children are being hurt, then what is the harm?
    For the record - 1) stay at home vs. working? I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home so I get the best of both and little helpers!
    2) I brestfed for the first 3 months, then did a combination of bottle and brest for the next 4 months.
    3) fast food is very limited but nor are we strictly organic - we grow a lot of our own fruit and veg which is good and fun
    4) we don't spank - but are not going to start a public rally about it :)
    5) Like Emland - I don't know what a playdate happy hour is. We go to playgroup once a week and have friends come over a lot.
    6) We are limited to tank water so disposible diapers are our only option. It seems to limit nappy rash too. We sometimes don't use diapers at all when at home and allow the kids to have "nudie runs" a lot :) They like to be free! (not good if you have expensive caret!)
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Wow, have I changed a little since this first posted. Dang Startover you are kind of a snobby prude! I am giving myself advice to be just a little nicer! Sheesh. Good job moms! Proud to be right along side you!
    nwcadeleb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 07:50 AM

OK I saw you answering some pregnant. Questions so I wanted to ask you a question... I started my period nov. 19 last month.today is dec. 18. My boyfriend and I have had sex for 18 days straight the day I got off my period.I have been having all kinds of pregnancy symptoms, my boobs are sore and they are starting to feel full,I have to go to the bathroom a lot, throwing up in the mornings,I've been tired, and having cramps but not the same kind of cramps I have on my peiod.. monday,dec. 15 I started spotting,brownish red blood very lightly,on the 16th it got heavier for a couple hours then went back to spotting for a day. I have taken two pregnancy tests but they are both negative,but I would have only missed my period by 1 day if this is not my period,isn't it still to early to tell by a pregnant. Test at the store? How long should I wait before I take another test? Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Star Wars Electronic Battle Game [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking for directions on how to play the Star Wars Electronic Galactic Battle Game. It came out in 1997 from Tiger Electronics. It is a lot like battleship, but in space. We can't figure out how to set it up. Please help if you can!!

Supernatural Lessons from Natural Disasters and Wars [ 8 Answers ]

There are important supernatural lessons from natural disasters and wars that are often overlooked. From God's perspective, the message of calamities, such as tsunamies, hurricanes, and wars, is God giving "unsaved" survivors time and opportunity to repent. Calamities show: . Life is short...

Mommy who needs to know [ 10 Answers ]

o.k so here is my story , when I was 17 I had a son I was really young ang hated his father , I lived with my grandma , and right after I had a baby my great grandfather died so my grandma couldn't help me so I moved in with baby dad and his family ,I really wasn't ready to be a mom , so I went out...

Jungles and wars in south america [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any countries in South America that have a jungle and are currently involved in a war? If so, what are they, and is it a civil war or a war with another country?

Star Wars [ 10 Answers ]

Does anybody know if George Lucas is secretly making another Star Wars movie? After I saw Episode III I went home and watched Episode IV, V, and VI. I read some article that said he may be writing a new one, but was just wandering if anyone else knew for sure.

View more questions Search