Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kornm02 Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

May 2, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Should I go back to my husband?
    I have been married for almost 7 years. I have known my husband for 15 years. Our marriage was never great. For 99% of our marriage we both had a serious smoking pot problem. He was worse than me, but I will take responsibility. I begged and begged for him to quit for many years. For him it was everyday all day long, first thing in the morning last thing at night and the most important thing to him. For me it was after work and on the weekends.
    About a year ago I was finally able to quit completely while he continued to smoke. As I said before our marriage was never really great and I left numerous times, mostly just for a long weekend at a friends house. He would always beg and promise and I would always go back.
    6 months ago I left and got my own apartment. When I left I thought it was over. I was done, I had enough. Another side note, I cheated on him numerous times in our marriage. (why? Attention that he could not give me)(when he was stoned he stared at the wall and he was always stoned)
    So I left and got my own apartment. He has relentlessly tried to get me back the whole time. Begging and pleading and promising. This time it is a little different. He quit smoking pot about 3 months ago. He is wiling to move, and change, and try to do anything to get me back and make me happy.
    I think it is too late, but I am not sure.
    Should I go back?
    Do I owe it to him to try?

Short Version
    Married 7 years - not the greatest.
    Constant Pot Smoking
    He was controlling, and made me feel guilty for doing things without him.
    He has a horrible temper.
    He never hit me but he scared me.
    Converation skills are not the great for us.
    We cannot have a productive conversation about us or our problems.
    He gets mad and defensive.
    I have cheated numerous times. (looking for attention I did not get at home)
    Sex was minimal.
    Kissing was minimal.

So I left numerous times but this time for 6 months.
    Got my own apartment, leading my own life and having a hard time filing for divorce.
    I feel bad for him
    He is trying so hard to get me back.
    He has quit smoking pot.
    He is trying to be more romantic and loving and everything I asked for all along.

If he wasn't trying so hard, It would already be over.
    We have a love of the outdoors in common.
    I do love him.
    I do not have romantic feelings for him anymore.

I have been seeing someone else.

Should I give my marriage another chance.
    He is relentlessly pursuing me.
    and I am going nuts trying to decide what to do about him.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 10:15 AM
    You owe it to yourself to be happy in your life, not what he wants.

Ask yourself this:
    Can I trust him?
    Will this make me happy?
    Will there always be in the back of your mind he cheated on you?

You must decide what is best for you.
    kornm02 Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

May 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
    I cheated on him, he has never cheated on me.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Leave him, gosh he probably smokes pot to stay calm through all the "numerous" times you have cheated. I say leave and let it all go, find someone that you can actually love and love you back...
    Rory Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2007, 01:04 PM
    I thik you should let it go, first thing is that you say your marriage was never that good in the first place, that tells me you never really loved him, or he didn't love you, second is that now your both off the pot, you'll probably find your different people, and won't really get on unless your stoned, trust me, I've been there, and last of all is, if you cheated on him a few times why you were together, what's the point in being together again? You couldn't have been getting what you want so you looked else where.
    Just be strong and end it, its hard and I'm really sorry for you both, but your both better off apart. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

Plumbing back to back shower valves [ 5 Answers ]

I am plumbing 2 showers that share a wall (back to back). In order to get the hot and cold supplies to the proper side of each valve requires lots of twists and turns. I was advised by someone to just use ½” male threaded connectors on the supply lines (sweat fit to copper) and then simply use...

Interlocking plate back to back feed [ 2 Answers ]

If I use a interlocking plate to backfeed my main(homelite 200amp)from my generator... from my garage... can I use the braker that is feeding the garage if I put it in the proper place to accommodate the interlocking plate? It's a 220 30 amp braker... so part of the question is... will the...

Back To Back Sinks [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a wall in my basement that will have a vanity sink on one side and a wet bar sink on the other. If I run a hot water line to the vanity sink it is on the cold side of the wet bar sink. I will have the same issue on the cold water side. My question is can I just run one pipe for hot...

View more questions Search