Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megz_ashley88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Periods that last too long
    I am 19 years old and have never had a regular period. AT times it will last for 3 weeks. Sometines only 3 days and sometimes only 7 days. I will also start 2 times in the same month for a week or longer. I never have had bad cramping or moodswings, until now. The past couple of months I have had really bad stomach cramps, throwing up, and diarrhea. I feel depressed a lot and not wanting to be around people. My periods aren't light either they are heavey to very heavey. It is about to drive me insane! I have back problems already but during that time I have the worst pain I have ever felt before in my life! At times I will get really light headed and feel like I am going to pass out. Just this past week and a half I have had the feeling that I have a UTI. When I noticed it the first time I was putting a tampon in and it burned like no other. Now it just about brings me to tears when I pee and I am having bad cramping in my lower abdomen. But, the burning when I urinate doesn't happen every time, but more times then not. Sorry, I wrote something so long. I am away at school and not close to my mother and can't tell her. So, I don't know where to go or who to see. So if you could help me with that too. Thank you so much

ME
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

May 2, 2007, 08:52 AM
    So sorry your having problems!

Start are you sexually active? Are you one the pill (guessing Not)
    For the long period I would go to the gyno and get on the pill. I had to do that at 16 because of the same thing. As for the cramps not sure. I would definitely go see a gyno. And for the UTI, that needs to be treated with meds...

Not sure where you live but there are clinics that you can go to and your school should have somehting.

Good luck!
    christy9800 Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

May 2, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by megz_ashley88
    I am 19 years old and have never had a regular period. AT times it will last for 3 weeks. Sometines only 3 days and sometimes only 7 days. I will also start 2 times in the same month for a week or longer. I never have had bad cramping or moodswings, until now. The past couple of months I have had really bad stomach cramps, throwing up, and diarrhea. I feel depressed alot and not wanting to be around people. My periods arent light either they are heavey to very heavey. It is about to drive me insane!! I have back problems already but during that time I have the worst pain I have ever felt before in my life! At times I will get really light headed and feel like i am going to pass out. Just this past week and a half I have had the feeling that I have a UTI. When I noticed it the first time I was putting a tampon in and it burned like no other. Now it just about brings me to tears when I pee and I am having bad cramping in my lower abdomen. But, the burning when I urinate doesnt happen every time, but more times then not. Sorry, I wrote someting so long. I am away at school and not close to my mother and can't tell her. So, I dont know where to go or who to see. So if you could help me with that too. Thank you so much

ME
    My suggestion is to try birth control if you're already not on them. That will help greatly with the lengths of your periods. Also, you might want to see a doctor as well. I had the same problem at your age. My cramps would get so bad, I would be lying on the floor in a fetal position praying it would go away! I ended up w/a total hysterectomy at the age of 26 because I had a benign tumor on my uterus and multiple cysts on my ovaries, which was causing the horrible cramping and irregular periods. That's why I strongly suggest for you to see your doctor. Good Luck to you!
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

May 3, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Birth control is not always the answer.

Ashley- You have all of the same symptoms as I and I've only just found out what is wrong.

It took me to work up to courage to go to the hospital.

Birth control makes my pain worse as I have endometriousus.

I have severe periods and severe pain. I bleed when I'm not supposed to, my uterus does not move which was concluded after an internal exam. I have copious amounts of bowel movements, diarrohea which endometriosus can cause.

You should get a referral to see a gynecologist who will order out an ultrasound to check the lining on the uterus and further treatment if necessary.

I worry for you as it's put me through hell.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long is too long to have depression? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm Ariel and am 16 years old. I have had depression for about 7 years starting around the time my parents were getting a divorce. My mother took me and my 3 other sisters to a Phsyciatrist for about a year then took us out for awhile then took me back in all within 2 years. I have been very strong...

Long Period - History of irregular periods - Should I see a DR? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 33 year old women with 3 children and a long history of irregular periods. I've been known to go 6 months and even a year without a period. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I really haven't been that worried about it because I have all the children that I want. Well, then...

A long long thread [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there. I've decided this to be a long thread because I will ask many many things and I hope to discuss many things here. If a coin is placed on a piece of card resting atop of a jar, it is possible to flick the card away sharply so that the coin falls into the jar. Explain why this is...

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

Long-short-long [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you Okay I have a dilemma.For along time I had Long hair(almost to my butt)but then I started working out and it would get sweaty so I cut it shorter(wayyy shorter like I cut off over 20 inches)but now I kind of miss my long locks! All I can do is wait.But every time I had long hair somehow I...

View more questions Search