Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 12:16 AM
    I need some advice
    My good mate of over 13 years has some problems. Her twin brother is a mess.
    He is on heroine big time, he moved up to ireland to live with her, whilst she was on holiday he stole her CD player, 250 euros to buy heroine. She kicked him out as he was living off her, staying at hers for free, food for free.

She msged me yest almost in tears she said he is out on the streets, the mother stopped all contact with him years ago because he has been like this forever, he used to steal money from his mum, and students she hosted in her home. The father is out of the picture however he still stole from the dad.

I want to know what sort of advice to give my friend. She dislikes what he did but at the end of the day he is her twin and I think she feels responsible.

He isn't a kid he is 28... he is selfish and immature.

Help!
    jarrhead50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 01:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    My good mate of over 13 years has some problems. Her twin brother is a mess.
    He is on heroine big time, he moved up to ireland to live with her, whilst she was on holiday he stole her CD player, 250 euros to buy heroine. She kicked him out as he was living off her, staying at hers for free, food for free.

She msged me yest almost in tears she said he is out on the streets, the mother stopped all contact with him years ago becuase he has been like this forever, he used to steal money from his mum, and students she hosted in her home. The father is out of the picture however he still stole from the dad.

I want to know what sort of advice to give my friend. She dislikes what he did but at the end of the day he is her twin and i think she feels responsible.

He isnt a kid he is 28... he is selfish and immature.

help!
    I think you have done the right thing unless you won't a drug addic in your house from

jarrhead50
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Have u read my post at all?? I haven't really given my friend any advice...

Im seeking advice here on what sort of advice to give my friend!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Oh Krs this is a hard one.
    Your friend feels like she should do something because he is her brother. You feel like you should do something because she is your friend. But ultimately it is him that needs to seek her to get help. You can only help an addict when they want it.

It give your friend a lot of credit for kicking him out. That is the first step to making him accountable for his actions. I know that it was not easy for her. The best thing you could do is just listen to her. Don't bash the brother for what he did (she can do that because he is her brother, but you can't). Just listen and don't be judgemental against the brother. Tell her to stay strong. If he comes back, tell her to take him to a rehab place. This is not something she can do on her own.

I am not sure how helpful I was... but just listen. Sometimes that is all we need :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am in need of some advice [ 1 Answers ]

It's been a while since I have been back, but I need some advise. With all the financial sites out there, it is hard for me to determinie what's right or not. I found this site, http://www.bigbadcredit.com and its provided me with a lot of good insite on credit, and I wanted to know from you guys...

I need some advice [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm on the verge of a divorce and I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm 24 and I got married when I was 18, the marriage was as a result of my husband looking desprately for a wife. I was not ready for marriage but he convinced me that he was going to take care of me. We...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

Need Advice [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for advice. I am on the verge of a total mental breakdown. Sorry this is very long. Here is my story…. In 1994 I was 24 years old and a single father of one. I bought a house and was living by myself with my son visiting me every other weekend, life was good. Later in 1997 I...

Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Iowa as an accoutning student. In grad school I will be getting a joint law degree with a masters in accounting because I want to be a tax attorney. Any advice on what else I should do outside of my basic course of action?

View more questions Search