Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    byron_byron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 11:24 PM
    SpyLocked Malware Invasion of my O.S.
    When using my space.com I got infected with a bogus spyware program that is counterfeit
    And I can't get rid of it. I used SpyHunter and it got rid of other malware but I can't shake
    SpyLocked out of my operating system. When I try to delete it I get a message that I can't because Windows is running. Please help. Thank you. It's really making my use of Yahoo very slow and it is spying on my usage.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 2, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Here's my usual C&P for cases like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben's maintenance tips
    When was the last time you did some serious maintenance on your system ?

System maintenance includes:
    Defrag
    FULL patching
    Virus scanning
    Spyware scanning
    removal of rubish files

Defrag is an inbuilt function in XP.
    Open My Computer > Right click C: > Tools Tab and its there.

To make sure everything is running fine run both anti virus and anti spyware apps in normal AND safe modes. (make sure that they are updated first ! ;)) (AVG is good and free AV)
    (A couple of good removal tools are Spybot and Adaware)

ALso an on line virus and spyware scanner is Trend Housecall

Just a note: actively running two AV's on one machine can cause problems.
    So if you are thinking about it make sure your current one is disabled first.
    Same thing applies to online scanners as well.

Removal of junk files is easy with CCleaner a free app that does exactly what

If all this fails then a repair install may be in order:

Here's the official Micro$oft way of doing it,
    and Here's one with screen shots.

Basically this installs windows over the top of your current setup.
    So you don't loose any information you already have.
    This lot should resolve your issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove RVHOST.EXE malware ? [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone have idea about the RVHOST.EXE malware, and how to remove this permanently, or Patch the OS in order not to get infected again in future? Mcafee version 8.0 + Antispyware + Patch 14 cannot remove this malware :o :o The only software that can remove this is PREVX, but it's a trial...

Alien teacher invasion [ 1 Answers ]

This movie I am looking for is in the 80's. There is a little boy involved and he sees his teacher eating a disected frog in his classroom. He also goes in a cave and sees his teacher with other people. I think the boys name is david and he is 10 years old. Thanks

Spylocked in my Taskbar [ 15 Answers ]

I've had Spylocked in my computer for about a week now. I've used spyware removal programs to get rid of it, but all it did was get rid of other spyware and viruses that came with Spylocked. I know it's still in my computer because it's in my taskbar in a help icon. When I click on it, it goes to...

Home invasion [ 1 Answers ]

A few nights ago my fiancée and I were laying in bed and all of a sudden he jumps up and asks me if I am shaking cause usually I have a habit of shaking or rocking myself to sleep but I was already asleep so I responded "no, I'm not what's wrong with you", he said "I know that I felt this bed...

Annoying computer noises - malware [ 2 Answers ]

I repeatedly have noises coming from my computers: door slamming, door creaking open, women's screams. Seems that malware audio files are playing intermittently. Norton and Spybot have no effect. These have now spread over my entire home network. Anyone heard of this or know how to remove them?

View more questions Search