Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juicecancook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Parenting of a young adult
    I have a 20 year old who is in her 3rd year of college. She is having trouble with her roommate's boyfriend who is very controlling. This boyfriend has also manipulated all of my daughter's friends at school. This boy has managed to drive a wedge between my daughter and all of her friends at school in the dorm they are all are living. My daughter does not like this boy and she has told her roommate this. Now it has got to the point that my daughter wants to take a year off from College and then go back to do her Senior Year because of all of the drama at school with her friends. I know she is a grownup but as her mother I want to try to give her good advice to stay in school and not to let these people have such control over her life. I know if I overreact to this situation it is going to affect our present close relationship. So what do I say to her and how do I handle this carefully.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 10:13 PM
    College friends will be gone in one more year, what is more important education or friends that are not acting right.

Have her change dorms next year and move on in life
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

May 2, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Can she move dorms? Campuses usually have more than one building. Or rent off campus?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single parenting [ 6 Answers ]

I am a single parent, by choice. The father is not involved, he only brought negativity to our lives. He was abuses drugs and was unfaithful to me. My question is not having a father in my child's life to me is healthier but in the long run do think that it will effect my child in a negative way?

Step Parenting [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a mother of 4 and am married for the second time. We have been married for 6 years 7 in November. We have already weathered a lot of storms with the children. My oldest is 18 almost 19 and he is out of the house living with my mom. He had a lot of issues and we had to make him move for...

Bad parenting [ 2 Answers ]

What effect dose bad parenting have on the decision making of a young person?

Trying to find the title and author of a young adult book. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been trying to remember the title and/or author of a couple of books that I read when I was younger. They involved a boy who was from another planet and didn't know it. I think he had powers, or at least had a little bit of precognition. I can't remember most of the events in the...

View more questions Search