Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philtatum Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Honeywell RTH6300B, 6 wires and no clue
    I took out a hunter programmable and replaced it with a honeywell. Heat worked fine but air won't work now. I have 6 wires red, orange, yellow, white, green, black. I have green in G, White in W, and red in R. I have yellow, orange, and black and Y and Rc left. What do I do? Is there a way to use a volt meter to figure this out?
    jwabell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 07:00 PM
    I had luck going to the Honeywell website and looking up the info in the owners manual...
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Is it just straight air or is it a heat pump?

May 1, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JackT
    Is it just straight air or is it a heat pump?
    Straight air
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 07:28 PM
    You should be able to use the same wire for RW & RC just use a jumper. Hook the yellow wire to Y and make sure the other end of the yellow wire is connected to the wire that goes outside to your condensing unit. You'll also need to have the other wire going out side attached to the C ( common ) side of the transformer.

RC & RW red wire
    G Green wire
    W White wire
    Y Yellow wire

May 1, 2007, 07:46 PM
    The jumper was all I needed. Thanks for your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with New Honeywell RTH6300B Thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Frigidaire model B3BM-024K-A HVAC system. It is all electric. A few days ago, my husband replaced the old thermostat with a Honeywell RTH6300B programmable one. My husband wired it according to the instruction. It has a problem: the heat will not switch off automatically when the...

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat RTH6300B [ 2 Answers ]

Since I live in Canada I want a programmable thermostat that uses celsius. Do you know if this model can be switched from Fahrenheit to Celsius? IF so how is this done? I've not opened the package since I wanted this anwer first. Thanks for your help.

Honeywell RTH6300B [ 2 Answers ]

I'm kind of confused about the wiring, I have an old thermostat that I'm trying to replace but the wiring on it is different from what they have on the manual. The wires that are connected to the terminals are R, O, G, & Y which at the same time wrapped around the W terminal. How do I match the...

Honeywell rth6300B for Heat Pump? [ 0 Answers ]

Can the Honeywell RTH6300B programmable thermostat be used on a carrier heat pump 38ycb o36300 model? The compatibility chart lists heatpump but a question that it not compatible with a heat pump with auxiliary heat... I do not know if my unit has this... thanks for your help and advice

View more questions Search