Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benk777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Kenmore Fridge dripping water inside
    My Kenmore 253.73873300 is leaking water from the inside of the fridgerator part. In the back along the top, there is an assembly with a curved cord or hose that is dripping water at it's lowest point. I have attached a picture for reference. I looked in the freezer portion, and I can't see that the floor of the freezer can be removed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ben
    Attached Images

JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Is the freezer and refrigerator staying cold enough? If it's a frost free freezer you may have a plugged drain line. I'm not familiar with this model but, most freezers will go into a defrost cycle about twice a day. When this happens the ice melts off your coil in the freezer and the water runs out a drain down to the bottom of the refrigerator where it is evaporated using the heat from the condenser. If the drain line gets plugged the water will run down into the refrigerator.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

May 1, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Jack is correct, sounds like a frozen or clogged drain tube that runs out the back of the fridge where you took the picture!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmoore fridge dripping water inside [ 6 Answers ]

I have a kenmoore fridge that is dripping water from the top side of the fridge compartment (traditional freezer on top style). It appears to be coming from an assembly containing a plastic (condensate?) hose that runs down the middle of the "ceiling" of the fridge compartment and drips near the...

Dripping water sound inside the wall [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved in to an 8-year old 3-floor townhouse. I noticed the dripping water sound in the wasll after showering. The sound is very clear in the third floor, and dims a little in the second and almost gone away in the first floor. The sound keeps for a while and then disappears. I could not find...

Kenmore Washer dripping inside tub [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore Washer constantly drips inside of the tub after a wash cycle has completed. I have to turn the water off after each wash to stop the washer from dripping. Do you know what could be causing this problem?

View more questions Search