Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butlerwoodburn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Motion to vacate judgement
    Can I file a motion to vacate a judegement against me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Yes you can, you merely need to have a legal reason to ask for that motion. ( merely not liking the motion is not good enough)

Was the debt a invalid debt, was it not your debt, was the SOL over before they filed for the judgement, were you not properly served notice of the judgement. * and other reasons, but you will need a ground for your motion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notice of motion to vacate judgment in small claims [ 4 Answers ]

I need to find out How to file a notice of motion to vacate a small claims judgment. Where do I get the form? Is one available on line? I was served with papers on a case. I called to reschedule. I was told fine it would be reschuled. I come back from vacation and I have a judgmnt agaiinst ...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

Divorce - vacate stay of judgement absolute [ 14 Answers ]

Hi... first timer here! I am in the midst of a divorce that is taking forever. Last September I had my divorce trial (husband didn't show). I testified for 2 hours and was eventually awarded my home, children (physical & legal) and granted divorce to return to my maiden name. The judgement (in...

Motion to vacate judgement [ 1 Answers ]

All my money in my bank accounts are currently frozen due to a judgement. The collection agency is demanding I pay the total amount due up front. I do not have this money. I called the courts and they said I need to file a motion to vacate the judgement. I am willing to let them garnish my...

View more questions Search