Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brook929 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 12:40 PM
    I believe you may have taken Jay's words the wrong way. Jay is saying he is selling membership packages which is a real package, a real product with real value. A person could choose to become involved as a business or just buy the membership in Coastal Vacations, which, as I said is a real travel membership product. In fact there are 3 different packages to choose from . Truthfully, I would bet the percentage of people who stick with it as a business is no where near 100%. But at least those who do not follow through as a business have a valuable membership package which is theirs to keep for life. The end product IS important. At least for me.

There are many people who market these lifetime vacations memberships as a retail, stand along product. Myself included. No MLM involved there. Direct Sales. Do we try to build teams? Yes. Is that the only thing we do? No.

Noreen
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Come on, don't be ashamed of selling, selling is a very good profession.
    And jay does clear OK though his local BBB and it appears he has spoken out against some of the fraud issues of other directors.

After a lot of research ( and they are making it harder to do research now, since they are adding fruad and scam to most of there internet sites and adds, so when you do a search you can't find the bad posts amount the 100's of pages they are posting. But their advertising is we are not a scam ?

But I don't know the other posters and have not checked them out, although I still waiting for Moreen to give that IP address since it does not seem to allow you to know the server used.

But so what if it is MLM that does not make it bad, guys, look at amway, a great product, I love it, would not sell ti, but I buy and use it.

So you sell memberships for others to see it, great if you are a honest director.

Which is what I see the issue being after looking close, it appears there is not a master company that can be sued if one of the "directors" ** you can correct me on the title>
    But if you have a director go bad or a decide to cheap people, since they are independent, there is no person no master company to sue in court for your money back, so if your director goes bankrupt you can just be out.

Well many mcdonalds are franises, so that is not a bad thing either.

I guess the problem is, it is sort of like George Bush, their group of people made a lot of mistakes, but instead of just admitting it, and admitting what it really is

So it is sales, great, many great jobs are sales, real estate, insurance, cars, medical supplies I did for years, I sold the product.

I can't speak for the other ones but Jay NaPier seems like a very honest person, ( a heck of a sales person) and if I was wanting a discount vacation package, and decided this was the program, I would buy it from him. But I would have course read over any contract, get everything in writing, and be honest to yourself what it is all about.

Sorry you other two, I started tracing Noreen but decided I had better things to do with my time tonight and Jani, sorry, you just seemed like a nice lady and posted your photo ( I hope that was you)
    So not trying to send Jay all the business, but he lived close enough I could do more indept research on him.

So have there been unhappy people with the program, yes, has some of the directors went crazy and cheated people, even their own people say yes. Don't I remember even jay speaking out against some at one time?

But can you get discount vacations, it appears so, heck I wish jay would send me on one, but you have to take enough trips to be work the package is you are buying it just for that.

Can you make money seling packages, well can you make money selling used cars, some people can, some people can't. I have heard that 90 percent of insurance agents quit before the first year is over. So yes most likely what 80 to 90 percent of the people who start with you all don't make it either. I think one site advertising closers for costal listed it at 95 percent, but I gueess they were trying to make it sound worst to sell their service.

I think the only real thing we have really and truly is that it is so obvious, that you are using these pages for advertising, so why not buy some adds on here, you all buy adds everywhere else. When a poster comes in and asks, then a new person logs on and gives a answer how get it is, what are we suppose to think it is, a cheap way to try and get some free advertising. This is part of the issues and problems, and instead of just admitting yes, we have bad people selling these out there, and you have to be careful, you try to act it is something it is not.

Of course it is MLM, ** I know your adds say it isnot, but when you can get overrides on someone, and they can, it is at least a slight MLM.
    And some buy it just for the vactions, of course, but most are wanting to make money. And it is sales, how else do you make money, you sell the vaction packages This does not make it bad, but when people try to keep saying that it isnot this, or not that, and it is obvoious it is, that makes everyone suspisious.

I will still warn people to be very careful of who they deal with, since it appears even into 2006 there were some people having troubles with some of the directors. And I guess that is what hurts the ones that are good people, they can't really do anyting about what the other people do, can't fix it for them, and in that, the bad ones are hurting all of their names.

But then that is what causes many companies to go out of business, enough bad people representing the company, and the public will not see the difference between the bad ones and the good ones. So the good ones lose their sells because of the bad ones.
    matiasmommy Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Thank-you Noreen! I actually believe that I know you from another forum? How is it going for you?

I agree.. the moderators and others here often are mis-informed and have NO idea what it is they are actually talking about when they attempt to answer someone's question.

I have found that to be true, not only in regards to this business opportunity but on other topics that I have browsed for fun- that I am actually an expert on. I can sort the wheat from the chaf. Its unfortunate that this happens though.. then again, I think Jay might have said it already...

Why go to your plumber to ask for his opinion about what kind of roofing you should install?

Frankly, if people want to accept inexpert advice for more then face value, then chances are they aren't entrepreneurs in the first place. So, I actually think, in a way- this forum does coastal a favour by keeping less then ideal members out of it. What I don't like is being argued with by people who despite my good intentions and experience refuse to look at the information I provide, consider the point of view I offer and seem to want to be argumentative and combative, accusatory- and willing to "investigate" my home address (and that too inexpertly) and accuse me of not actually living here (not knowing that I just moved and canada 411 is not the worlds most up to date directory!)- but can't be bothered to research the business model they are so busy poo poo'ing, let alone have a student mentality.

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
    brook929 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 04:56 PM
    I sent needkarma all of my contact information because it seems I have to somehow prove who I am. I have never been to a forum where people ask me for my IP address. This is crazy. Clearly this is not a place for frank discussion on this topic. I apologize to anyone looking for legitimate answers to questions about Coastal. This is clearly not the place. You can find your answers elsewhere without all of this gibberish. I take offense to someone questioning my integrity an authenticity.

You are trying to trace me? My goodness, you must have a lot of time on your hands.

See you.

May 14, 2007, 05:30 PM
    If you are the Noreen that I know from the work at home forum, then I know who you are! At least this time, they did not try to say it was a set up. Maybe now they realize that other people use Google as well!

Yes, Father, that IS my picture. Should you ever be in Montreal, feel free to pop by to verify for yourself! Its also on my website, and there are several others of me online on my system websites so you can cross check, should you have enough time.

As for your comment about legal recourse.. well, I don't see that there could be problems with the product that could not be resolved with the providers (ie the resorts etc) but if you were mislead or abused by an independent director, first thing to do would be to let the board of directors know and the second thing I would do is call the local bbb and f that didn't resolve it I would be taking legal action directly at THAT person. Far as I am concerned, directors that are NOT good guys- they DESERVE that!

I can speak to the members of the CSG for sticking within ethical behaviors and guidelines... see links to anti-spam and ethical business policy on our websites. That adds security- can't be there if you don't follow the guidelines!

As for us being "salespeople"- I'm sure that Jay will stand behind me here and tell you know that we are NOT in fact "salespeople" and in fact, Noreen is correct- there is a LOT more involved to this business. Or any OTHER genuine business, for that matter. But. You are right- sales is not a bad profession. In fact, it is THE most highly paid profession in the world. No, we are NOT an MLM organization, either.

As for "sending Jay all the business"- this is NOT about sending business to anyone- people here asking questions are already clearly working with OTHER directors. By answering questions, we are just helping them verify what they should already know. I know by the types of questions I have seen- the majority of them anyway- are already working (and hopefully happily) with others. I can't speak about directors that I don't have personal knowledge of- but to answer the question "is it a scam or not" or about the product, whatever- I am more then willing to donate my valuable time, experience and knowledge.

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brook929
    You are trying to trace me?? My goodness, you must have a lot of time on your hands.
    Not at all. I can't see IPs but mods can. I was just wondering out loud if you were simply a person who is registering different names here. It has occurred in the past.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 10:32 AM
    It's very possible to become part of a scam, read the article.

Coastal Vacations Director Jay NaPier Exposes Coastal Vacations Scam Artists

Basically what is coming to light is that because each "director" works independently they can decide to scam people and when you join coastal you work for a director and so you may become involved in a scam without being aware, basically a pyramid scheme. You pay a start up fee and are expected to make sales.

Coastal Vacation Scams Equal Bad Vacations

May 19, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I don't know how this poor lady with the sick mother and sister feels about this thread turning to Coastal Vacations! My thoughts are with you- I am from a nursing background, I know that is a very difficult disease.

Father Chuck.. feel free to go to my website and complete an EXIT survey. I realize you don't want to get more information about this business, you already think you know it all. But pick up a vacation. I'd appreciate your comments and feedback about the site, should you have the time. I offer that to people, so that they can see for themselves we have a real product. I know you for some reason don't think I am who I say I am.. but like I said, feel free to visit if you have the burning urge.

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
    hsimpsonjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 09:11 PM
    HOLY MOLY! This is a Coastal Slam Fest! Let me jump in and say that Coastal and the call center was a definite answer to prayer. I got on my face before GOD and prayed that he would lead me to a way to make money for my family and I recommitted my life to him and made a promise that I would tithe even if I didn't make money in whatever business he led me to. Well, he answered my prayers and I am definitely making money with Coastal and the call center! It works and, yes, it is important to find a good director. Jani and Noreen and myself are very dedicated directors who offer one on one training and we want you to succeed because our members are our best advertisers. Many say we are not sales people but the bottom line is if we don't make sales we don't make money. If we are talking to people and taking their money then technically we are sales people. We might not be professional sales people and we would rather be considered a helpful guide but we all talk to people sooner or later and we have to ask for money one way or another. Through a website or some other way. Coastal is a genuine business and it's been around for 13 years so it is solid as a business. As Coastal directors we just ask people to get their info from people who are doing Coastal and not from people who aren't. So if you are asking questions to a person who is not a Coastal member then keep in mind, you are NOT getting the answer you deserve.

May 22, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Hi Harold!

You are right.. slam fest is the right term. Well, I have to agreee that the money making part of the business is direct sales of a valuable and genuine product.. but those of us on the business building end (well at least myself, I can speak for my intent) are really about helping people. My goal is to do just that- not take their money. Yes, I have to make a living- yes, we all start a business initially to do just that- but- I have found-- now that I am successful in my business my primary reward is NOT the money but rather helping people change their lives. Money can do a lot of things- but really what you have to become in order to be successful financially- that is what changes you and stays with you forever. In your heart, in your mind, in your spirit. It radiates in filters into all areas in your life.

Its funny that I was having just this discussion last night.. really- its personal development packaged as a business. A very lucrative business. But money is merely a SYMPTOM- its never the actual problem. Change the way you think, bingo- money problems rapidly disappear. Relationships improve. Confidence improves.

I'm a people person. First and foremost- I'm interested in helping people. I used to help them with physical, mental or emotional illness directly. Now I help them by giving them a vehicle to help themselves.

Teach a man to fish... or a woman for that matter!

I love it! I live it, I breathe it... its my life, my passion- to have people say to me- that their life has changed- even before they see the result in their bank account. Means the world to me. The world.

That is my purpose. To help people become the best versions of themselves. Its about THEM. Live their best, every day. Believe in themselves. Faith. To stretch, reach and grow. If you are not learning, changing- you are stagnant and dying.

I know I could walk away from this business tomorrow and still take with me what I have learned and developed. I can duplicate my results anywhere I choose.

That is the gift I have found with Coastal. That is what I aim to share with and teach others.

You get back what you put out into the world. This, I know.

God Bless

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liver Lesion [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 21 yr-old female. About a month ago I had a laparoscopic surgery, taking out a dermoid cyst. Before the surgery I had a CT scan for the purpose of examing the cyst. However, the report indicated that there is a leision to the liver as well. Specifically, "A tiny low attenuation lesion...

Simple Question -any advice will be helpful [ 15 Answers ]

I was divorced last year. We have two children and I am still struggling. I was the first signer on my ex-husbands truck, he was the "co-buyer." In our decree he was declared responsible for the truck payment since I have the house and all other debt - which I pay regularly, but not easily. My...

Dog cancer [ 1 Answers ]

My 4 yr-old ****zu/Maltese was found to have a lump on her side in May 06. After several visits and different courses of antibiotics over a 2-month period, the affected area just would not heal completely. Then, another lump was discovered on the other side of her body. This time she was taken to a...

Helpful Mother [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, I am writing for some advice perhaps. My wife and I have been married for almost 5 years and we have a great marriage but there's one problem to speak of. My mother... Now, I know my mom loves us and loves me and I am not disrespecting my mother or anything because she...

View more questions Search