Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maholland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Finding a mortgage holder
    Can someone tell me how to go about finding the bank that holds the mortgage for the house next door to me that was abandon? The house is filled with flies and there is an oder from inside. Please let me knowif there is any help! We are in Charlotte, nc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Assuming there is a mortgage,

You go to the county courthouse to the recorder of deeds from there you can see who has a mortgage filed on the property,

Also the tax records will show who and at what address the tax bills are being sent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2007, 12:52 PM
    If the abandonment of the house is causing a hazard in the neighborhood, you can contact the city or county to have it checked. Depending on the type of order, you might even call the police.
    arlcruise Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 10:10 PM
    You all have me wondering what it's like down in the US. I would love to find an abandoned house here and fix and flip. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is holder in Due Course? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a promissory note, stamped and signed as follows: Pay to the order of Mortgage Co. X, without recourse mortgage Co. Y and signed by President of company and E.V.P. also shows: Pay to the order of _____________without recourse, Mortgage Co. X signed by president and C.F.O. ...

Can F-1 visa holder without earning be a dependent for H-1b visa holder husband? [ 10 Answers ]

I know that the question is kind of strange, but here is my situation. I am having H1b visa at present (moved from OPT to H1b last September). My wife is a student with F1 student visa (in Illinois Urbana Champaign). But she has completed her residential requirement and since last year has been...

Mortgage Holder [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the mortgage holder of a particular property. I have located the county tax assessors ID # of the property.

Former H1-B holder and W8-BEN [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I used to work in NYC (on a H1-B visa) and have accumulated about $20000 in my company's 401K account but have since moved back to Canada (I'm a Canadian citizen). I have requested a withdrawal of the full amount and I just received a request to fill out the W8-BEN form by the Bank of NY (I...

2nd Mortgage Holder did not file claim [ 2 Answers ]

Our Chapter 13 was confirmed in November 2005. We have a 1st and 2nd mortgage but our 2nd mortgage holder, Charter One, did not file a claim. So only our 1st mortgage is being paid through the plan. Does Charter One still have a lien since they did not file a claim within the 60 day period? ...

View more questions Search