Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moving2Fast Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Fittings for LP Supply Line
    I am trying to make a custom length of LP Gas supply line that has a swivel FPT fitting on each end. At first I was considering using vinyl hose, however I could not find any rated for vapor at the local hardware stores. Also, I'm not confident in adding fittings to the hose ends and preventing any gas leaks. Then I thought about flexible copper tubing. I've never used flare fittings and I know I'll have to buy a special tool for it. The thing that would actually work the best for me is rigid copper tubing where I could sweat the fittings on. Can I sweat fittings on copper tube used to supply LP gas? I have shut-off sweat-valves that are rated for LP gas, which makes me think you can. But I'm also reading sources that say I can't. I have also read sources that say I can't use a compression fitting when dealing with LP gas since it is prone to leaks.

Does anyone out there know what the right thing to do is?
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 08:16 PM
    A swivel joint on an LP line would be a horrible idea -- If you need flexibilty at the appliance point, then use a resin or stainless steel flexible supply after the shut-off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

200amp service supply line [ 5 Answers ]

OK here we go I have property up state with no power, the nearest pole is appx 1800ft+ away from where I am going to put a summer house the electric company states it will cost me $25000.00 for poles labour and parts. This is insane. My question is if they put a pole with power on the edge of...

Leaky lead supply line [ 11 Answers ]

I found a leak in our building from an old lead supply line that runs underneath the floor. The floor boards come up right where the leak is - so I could get at it and got a good look and the lead pipe had been crimped to seal it. (the pipe was cut off and crimped)The pipe was leaking pretty...

Supply line size [ 2 Answers ]

http://home.comcast.net/~lpeery1/images/plumbing.jpg I need to run supply lines for a bar sink, toilet, bath sink all sharing the same wall (3 colds, 2 hots). Should the two horizontal supply lines I bring over off the main 3/4 inch lines be 1/2 inch or 3/4. Thanks, Larry

Help -- Leaky stem on toilet supply line! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi: My husband and I are DIY newbies. We just attempted to replace a 70 year old leaky toilet in time for 1st holiday fam visit only to incur new problems. For one, the water supply stem is leaking (right around where knob connects to the stem)! Never done this before. To boot, the tank to our...

Vanity drain line and water supply [ 5 Answers ]

Tom, I have a couple of questions for you. I am installing a double simk vanity. What is the standard for the drain line coming through the wall, as far as how high off the floor, and how far through the wall should it protrude for the trap adapter etc. same thing for the supply lines coming...

View more questions Search