Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FussBudget Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Kenmore 600 series dryer - electric
    Hi There folks
    I have abrand new Kenmore 600, electric dryer. I have a problem with the dryer. The first I used it, it was fine.Then after a few days when I tried to push the switch it turns on but when I remove my finger from the switch, it turns off.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

May 1, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FussBudget
    Hi There folks
    I have abrand new Kenmore 600, electric dryer. I have a problem with the dryer. The first I used it, it was fine.Then after a few days when I tried to push the switch it turns on but when i remove my finger from the switch, it turns off.
    Depending what model you have, it could be a bad start relay, possibly a bad motor start switch, I've seen broken wires leading to the motor, and even bad motors themselves.
    This is NOT an easy problem to diagnose in many cases. Sorry!
    bernie007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Try band hold the button down longer and see if that fixes the problem ! Possibly a bad start buuton switch easy fix ! Good luck bernie
    inkjet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 06:49 PM
    The light doesn't come on in the Kenmore 600 electric dryer and if I open the door, the clothes keep going around in the spinning drum instead of stopping
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inkjet View Post
    The light doesn't come on in the Kenmore 600 electric dryer and if I open the door, the clothes keep going around in the spinning drum instead of stopping
    Door switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating element Kenmore 70 series electric dryer [ 6 Answers ]

When I start the dryer the heating element gets hot for about 5 seconds then blows a fuse. The dryer will still cycle, but never get hot again. I replaced the fuses and no luck. When I took the plate off I can see that it is getting hot. There are 5 coils and it appears that the top 3 coils are...

Kenmore Washer 600 Series [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a Kenmore 600 Series about a month ago. It makes a funny smell when it runs. It is a hot grease smell. Any ideas?

Kenmore Series 600 dryer [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a Kenmore dryer about 2 weeks ago and it makes a loud rattle when running. The repair man came out, took the dryer apart and replaced the heating coil, which he thinks is the only thing that could be causing the noise. It still rattles--very loudly. I want to return the unit but fear...

600 series kenmore dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

600 series kenmore dryer won't start, when I push the button in

View more questions Search