Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacy4129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Whirlpool washer will not wash or spin
    I have a Whirlpool washer.. Its not even a year old.. It will fill, but won't wash or spin.. Could you please tell me what could be wrong?:
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

May 1, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stacy4129
    I have a Whirlpool washer.. Its not even a year old.. It will fill, but wont wash or spin.. Could you please tell me what could be wrong?:
    I can tell you that it is probably a bad transmission coupler. But why it should be bad in such a short period is beyond me, unless you overload the machine severely. One other reason is that the person that installed the coupler used too much power to install it onto the trans or motor shaft and split the coupler putting it on. :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Washer doesn't spin fast [ 14 Answers ]

Had trouble with spin cycle on Whirlpool Ultimate Care Washing Machine. Lid switch was bad so we replaced it. Worked fine for several weeks. Now, washer will spin slowly during spin cycle and empty most of water in tub. Tub will not spin at fast speed & some water is left in the machine. Can you...

Whirlpool Washer Spin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool washer that will not go into final spin. You have to manual turn the tub clockwise about two turns, Re-set the switch to final spin, close the lib, then it will go into final spin. What is the problem or do I need to replace the switch. Thank YOu;

Whirlpool Washer Spin Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought a new whirlpool washer (MD#: WTW5790SQ0), the spin cycle on the washer doesn't work on any cycle EXCEPT normal wash. This was determined by: closing the lid, selecting each individual spin option on the dial and pulling the knob out (starts washer). Both spin cycles work on the Normal...

Whirlpool washer won't spin all the time [ 1 Answers ]

It goes through the wash cycle and won't spin.then at times it goes through the wash cycle and spins just fine.please help

View more questions Search