Tentents rights
    Can a landlord enter the property at anytime
    chantel1984 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Depends where, but if its like the laws here in Canada they have to notify you first or ask, like in my building they repaint the balcony door and doors to the hallway every 2 years and just knock on the door and ask if its OK to do it right then, and then come back other times to get the apartments they missed.

Umm, but yeah, I think they have to ask.
    DragonFire Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 1, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Like lowtax4eva says, it does depend on the law in your area. You should do a search for a tenants act or rental act for your area. But in general, the landlord is by law supposed to contact you first to ask you if it is OK. It is an invasion on your privacy if they just pop by whenever they feel like it.
    KSgonzo78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chantel1984
    No, you have to be notified unless it is an emergency. For example, water coming from your apt. leaking trough the ceiling below you.
    vonne2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 07:36 AM
    How much notice must a landlord give if there selling the apartment complex and do I still have to pay rent?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Hello vonne:

Your post will be moved shortly.

Uhhh, they don't need to give you notice at all, because selling the building has NOTHING to do with you, and of course, you have to pay rent.

excon
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

May 2, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Vonne, The new person that buys it will become your landlord more than likely :)
    runbabbyrun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 06:49 PM
    What is the rule for giving 30 day notice
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 08:24 PM

Hello run:

There are LOTS of rules surrounding it. What it your problem?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

What are my rights? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have 3 children from outside my marriage by the same man. My husband has accepted them as his own and his name is on all 3 of their birth certificates.I live in Florida.now the biological father has told me he's going to go through HRS and try to get rights. What can I expect the outcome...

Do I have rights [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to be a father. The mother filed for dovorce but it has never been finalized. She now has decided to return to her husband. Do I have any rights to my unborn son? I live in Michigan. She is moving to Florida to be with him. What can I do?

Tenant Rights VS Roommate Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I, the master tenant, recently took on a roommate. I paid $1675.00 (79%), and he paid $450.00 (21%) of the total rent. He lived in my apt for 10 days and moved on the 11th. He was a nuissance as he slept all day and tackled chores, i.e. laundry in the early hours 12:40 AM. So, due to our different...

View more questions Search