Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laureng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Papillon/Poodle has Potty Issues after Spay
    My 8-month-old papillon-poodle mix was potty-trained (and had never had an accident in her crate) up until about two weeks ago when she was spayed. The first week afterwards, she had diarrhea at least twice a day in her crate. A few people suggested giving her 1/2 a pepto chewable, which helped, but she still continues to poop and now pee, in her crate two-three weeks later. Help?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Has the diarrhea cleared up? I would get back with the vet. It is possible something went wrong.

This won't fix the problem, just make it easier to live with. A wire grid in the bottom will help keep the puppy up out of
    Accidents at first. They are available with the crates, but expensive and hard to find. A piece of closely spaced wire closet shelving from a home supply place is cheaper. I am now using a plastic vegetable bin with plenty of holes drilled in the bottom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Papillon freezing and won't potty outside. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok.. I brought my 10 week old papillon home 3 days ago from the petstore. She is on a schedule with feeding and I take her out every time she wakes up, eats, or comes out of her crate. We stay out as long as I can stand it (or until she's shivering uncontrollably) but all she does is whine. If I...

Infection from Spay? [ 1 Answers ]

Just got a new 8 week old puppy from a rescue service- she was spayed a week and a half ago- she came with kennel cough, so has been on antibiotics but still coughing a decent amount. I am just getting little worried about her stitches on her belly- they seem to be protruding through much...

8 Month Old Weimaraner Potty Issues [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All. I just picked up an 8 month old Weimaraner last night. I know it is the first day or so of her adjusting to her new environment. The previous owner said she IS house broken and went to the bathroom just before we picked her up. We took her home and she would not go to the bathroom for...

Spay a female dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Does anybody know a low or free spay/ neuter clinic? / in San Francisco CA. I have found one. The SF/SPCA, but it is overbooked. Thank you,

View more questions Search