Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DougR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2005, 01:27 AM
    Early 1990's Lincoln Weldanpower 225
    I'm about to purchase a used Weldanpower 225. It was the model prior to the Lincoln Ranger 8 and is powered by a single cylinder 16 hp Briggs and Stratton gasoline engine. Does anyone know anything about this particular model welder... the goods... the bads... etc. Should I buy it or shy away from such a welder that is advertised as "runs great and welds great." For all I know, the guy selling it could be a dishonest used car salesman. You know how that goes. It's selling for $750.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2005, 05:15 PM
    Yeah! If he lets you run it that is, do you know the age of it? If its had light use it sounds like a good deal. But I haven't heard much about that brand. But as long as it does good, and your there to either use it or see it used. The briggs should last for years
    DougR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2005, 05:31 PM
    Okay, thanks. Just wanted to know if anyone knew of typical problems with that particular 15 year old welder. I'll drive the 287 miles next weekend to go look at it. What it looks like is an early Ranger 8 but with a large lawn mower type engine instead of the twin cylinder ones used now in the Ranger 8 and 9.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2005, 05:55 PM
    Whoa that many miles away :eek: hmm, well when you get to it and run it, check and listen for pops from the engine, and if it smokes it may need a ring job later on. If it wasn't used much well still listen to it. Hmm vertical shaft single cylinder briggs, is it a regular engine or does it have the I/C label on it. Some would come with I/c engines to give many, many years of use. While a regular one would give you maybe quite a few years of use. Now if it has a cast iron bore not the I/C label it'll still give lots more years just the I/c can stand up to more years. Any which a way a briggs is a good engine.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2005, 07:48 PM
    You need to meger the generator. Talk to a motor shop. They use a megaohmmeter to check motors and other electrical equipment to see if the insulation is in good shape. It measures the resistance to ground at a high voltage. Anything will show some conductance to ground. I forget what a good reading is. Maybe even talk to an electrician outside work. They might be happy to do a favor to somebody that is about to own a big welder. You want somebody that does industrial maintenance, not household wiring. Find the right guy, and it could be a good deal for both of you.
    nlove4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2005, 07:56 PM
    Weldanpower
    I Just recently purchased one for $350.00 and it has the 16hp ic engine and I couldn't be happier
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2005, 08:19 PM
    Yeah you can't beat that I/C engine
    cdaniel001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2005, 02:55 PM
    Looking for engine numbers
    I have a lincoln weldanpower with the 16 hp motor. The motor threw a rod and the guy I got it from threw the cowl on the motor away. If any one out there has one of these welders I need the 6 digit model number and the 4 digit type number that is stamped on the cowl of the briggs so I can order parts. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2005, 06:12 PM
    Probably ran it low on oil, or he never changed it right... sorry I don't know the model numbers, but any small engine shop can find out, (if it's a good one) the parts you need, and can order them.
    allen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2005, 09:18 AM
    Lincoln weldanpower
    I have a 1955 model Lincoln Weldanpower with a 2 cyl Wisconsin engine. The unit runs fine, but will not develop electrical power for household or welding. Does anyone have an exploded view of a machine like this? Lincoln sent schematics but no view and I cannot find the slip ring brushes on the machine to test them...
    Thanks!
    Allen
    JuanitaJ Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 03:01 PM
    My uncle has a weldan power 225 Model AC 225/AS code 5761 and if any one can tell me how the color wiring goes all the wires are cut and can't figure out how to connect to rectifier. Please help us. Thanks please tell me if it's the same model
    bobbyjdiaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel001 View Post
    i have a lincoln weldanpower with the 16 hp motor. the motor threw a rod and the guy i got it from threw the cowl on the motor away. if any one out there has one of these welders i need the 6 digit model number and the 4 digit type number that is stamped on the cowl of the briggs so i can order parts. if anyone can help i would appreciate it.
    Hello what's up? I can help you because I have one of these awesome machines, its not a 200 pipeliner, but small enough to put behind a half ton truck. I am not sure about the horse power because I bought this from a friend of mine. But I do have some numbers off the motor cover: Model#326437 Type#0758 01 Code#88030714. OK now I have a favor to ask.. does your machine have numbers for the carburator at is my problem it has no number and I can not get a kit without it. Thanks I would appreciate your help. And if you get tired of that machine just let me know. Later
    bobbyjdiaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DougR View Post
    I'm about to purchase a used Weldanpower 225. It was the model prior to the Lincoln Ranger 8 and is powered by a single cylinder 16 hp Briggs and Stratton gasoline engine. Does anyone know anything about this particular model welder....the goods...the bads...etc. Should I buy it or shy away from such a welder that is advertised as "runs great and welds great." For all I know, the guy selling it could be a dishonest used car salesman. You know how that goes. It's selling for $750.
    Well that's not a bad price for that machine. Its not a 200 pipeliner and it has 2 110v plugs and 1 220v plug, not a bad deal, but if you don't purchase it just let me know where and who has it. Thanks
    shamrock75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 09:06 PM
    The 16 horse briggs is 326400 series,type 0758-01,and the code should be 8602201,at least that's typical of the 80's weldanpower motors.
    shamrock75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Oh, the carb float is 692265... I think you can go to sears parts and service for up to date part numbers for this motor.
    camino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 08:47 AM
    I am looking for a picture of the carb and linkage on a wp 225 G7. Code 9444 twin II BS I/C engine. Someone put a new carb on and it will not work on auto. Runs on high all the time. Welds OK. Thanks, JIM
    LEHFAB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 02:34 AM
    I think I may have the same welder . I need a new starter motor. The 4 digit code no. On mine is 1368 . Hope I helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Early to Mid '90s Sci-Fi [ 1 Answers ]

There was a show about an alien who looked like a human man and he had a companion giant eyeball looking creature who had a glassy reflective front and was constantly harassing the main character about hostility. What was this show?

Lincoln Weldanpower 225 [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Lincoln Weldanpower 225 and the current transformer is bad. I would like to purchase another one with a bad motor that I could use for parts. If anyone knows of one. Thanks

Name of toy in early 1990's [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out the name of a toy in the early 1990's for little girls. It was a "belly" that contained either one baby or twins. I remember picking up all the packages in the store trying to figure out which one weighed more so that I could pick the one with twins inside. I can't...

View more questions Search