Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjj2320 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2007, 05:54 AM
    need assistant urgent!
    hi, can you please double check and see if I am correct or not?

1. a merchandiser' inventory consists of raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods and is classified as a current asset. True

2. inventory is valued on the balance sheet at the expected resale value and not the lower of cost or market. False

3. Depreciation is a cash charge to the income statement that relates to the periodic allocation of the cost of a tangible asset over its useful life. False

4. Natural resources, land used in ordinary business operations, truck held for resale by an automotive dealership and land improvements, such as parking lots and fences, are all examples of assets classified as property, plant or equipment. True

5. a sound internal control environment provides for the separation of responsibilities, recordation of all transactions, good personnel policies, adherence to managerial policies and a balanced marketing strategy. True

6. Under the corporate business formation, the equity section consists of partnership capital accounts including preferred stock and common stock. True

thank you
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 01:57 PM
    1) True – correct

2) False – correct

3) False – correct

4) I would go with False.

The reason being is that they include “truck held for resale by an automotive dealership”. Normally a truck is equipment, but in this case, where the business is selling automobiles, the truth would be inventory, a current asset.

5) True – correct

6) I would go with False. If you have a partnership, you don't have stock. If this is a corporation, you have stock, but no partnership accounts.
    KongTheKonqueror Posts: 75, Reputation: 13

May 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Wouldn't #1 be false? Those accounts sound like a manufacturer and not a merchandiser.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 09:34 PM
    I am with Kong.

I was thinking to say False but the word wasn't coming to me.

Manufacturer…that was the word that was on the top of my tongue.
    tjj2320 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjj2320
    hi, can you please double check and see if i am correct or not?

1. a merchandiser' inventory consists of raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods and is classified as a current asset. True

2. inventory is valued on the balance sheet at the expected resale value and not the lower of cost or market. False

3. Depreciation is a cash charge to the income statement that relates to the periodic allocation of the cost of a tangible asset over its useful life. False

4. Natural resources, land used in ordinary business operations, truck held for resale by an automotive dealership and land improvements, such as parking lots and fences, are all examples of assets classified as property, plant or equipment. True

5. a sound internal control environment provides for the separation of responsibilities, recordation of all transactions, good personnel policies, adherence to managerial policies and a balanced marketing strategy. True

6. Under the corporate business formation, the equity section consists of partnership capital accounts including preferred stock and common stock. True

thank you
    Thanks guys! You are the best

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Michigan Physician Assistant Regulations [ 1 Answers ]

What are Michigan's regulations over P.A.'s. Do they have much freedom?

Using XP Remote desktop, and or assistant [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to connect to a friends computer via remote desktop, he has sent the invite, I have tried to log on, but it keepds coming back with an error of unresolved host name, I need to get this working so I can repair his system. The other way remote assistant doesn't seem to work. He is not...

Do you know 180search Assistant.. [ 2 Answers ]

I think it's somekind of a spyware cause I never install it but there it is in my add and remove program list... do you know how to uninstall it... I tried but it only hang my add and remove program's window... so can I get any help about this.. :) Thanxz...

View more questions Search