Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfzgcryder Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Air conditioner ineffective in afternoon sun
    Hi. I have an unusual problem. Most of the time my bedroom is cooled just fine. However, in the late afternoon, when the sun is directly beating down on that room, the air conditioner, even though it is on and blowing air, does not cool the room - the heat shoots up, the room gets humid, and the air even smells stuffy. After the sun goes down the room cools off again. Help, what
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 11:28 AM
    We need a little more information. Is it central air and just your bedroom is getting hot? Is it a window unit? Does the unit shut off in the afternoon or keep running?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Air conditioner ineffective in afternoon sun [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have an unusual problem. Most of the time my bedroom is cooled just firn. However, in the late afternoon, when the sun is directly beating down on that room, the air conditioner, even though it is working, does not cool the room - the heat shoots up, the room gets humid, and the air even...

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Rencently is was cool outside and I turned off my air conditioner. A couple of days later I wanted to turn it back on. It no longer blew cold air. Everything appears to be working fine. I turned it off and haven't tried to use it until the other night it was cold out and I wanted to heat the house,...

Air Conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

This Summer I installed an 18000 BTU Air Conditioner in a living room window. Will it harm the unit if I leave it in the window for the Winter? I live in Minnesota.

View more questions Search