Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raheelsuleman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 03:27 AM
    Sniffing a trading software
    Hi. I have a free software application that gets quotes from a website. I have seen what it is accessing. I have the destination port and destination ip address using packet sniffers. I just need to know how to get the data out of a packet that it is receiving so that I can make my own application that can get quotes from that web site. Can any one elp me out. I desperately need it.
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

May 1, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Is the program you're trying to emulate open source or just freeware? If it's open source just look at the source code to see how they do it.

Also, you should review the terms of service of the site you are trying to get quotes from. It is possible that using a program like the one you describe may be a violation of these terms.

If it's just getting data from a website just write a program to go to the website and extract the data. What is the question?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Also check the license of the software you are using. It may prohibit the "hacking" you are attempting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advise on trading in [ 1 Answers ]

I'm asking if I trade my truck in and my dad is a co signer on the truck do I need him there for when I trade the truck in on another vehicle

Sniffing with ettercap [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals I wanted to know about how to sniff my network using ettercap I am basically using ettercap 4 windows some times it gets hanged! So please help me out and am looking forward for suggestons on making sense of the data in the packets really!

MLM against Traditional Trading [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: What are the different between Multi Level Marketing and Traditional marketing, What are the impact of MLM toward the Traditional trading.

Commodity trading [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I am from india. I am planning to start a brokerage firm dealing in US commodities exchanges.. NYBOT,CBOT etc.. For which I need links of dealers or members of such exchanges... from which source I can get these details? ??

View more questions Search