Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fritzane Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 12:55 AM
    I want to quit smoking !
    This is my 10th anniversary in smoking.I wish I could be advised on how to quit this canker worm of mine.What pushes me into smoking is my friends who always drink and smoke during our outings in bars.I couldn't hold my taste since they claim it is a stress quencher and gives you courage to approach beautiful ladies.But all through the years I have been doing all what I can do do away with it to no avail.Please help me out.
    mariaeyre Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

May 3, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzane
    This is my 10th anniversary in smoking.I wish I could be advised on how to quit this canker worm of mine.What pushes me into smoking is my friends who always drink and smoke during our outings in bars.I couldn't hold my taste since they claim it is a stress quencher and gives you courage to approach beautiful ladies.But all through the years I have been doing all what i can do do away with it to no avail.Please help me out.
    As I advised someone else - I am 42 next week been smoking for 31 years and Feb 12 decided to quit. Went on the patches and had the inhaler. Nurse said I was the highest recorded for a female when I blew for the first time into that contraption. 2 Months was a breeze really, still loved smelling other peoples smoke. I had bad news about my 85 year old mother on March 23rd and since then I have had one fag here and one there. I will never smoke again. Over 1400 would have passed my lips by now and the fact I have had a few is not failure. Keep going, that's the key, don't beat yourself up if you have one, this is my first time for me and I am doing the 24 hour a day thing - Every ciggie you don't have is a blessing. Maria
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Stay out of the bars for a few weeks while you are trying to stop. Good old Righteous Indignation got me through cold turkey. I had to keep saying I am not going to pay $1.50 a pack to kill myself! (dang things are $4 now!)

mariaeyre, said it right. One day at a time. Or an hour at a time, if you have to. Women will like you better if you don't smell. I had no idea how bad I stunk from cigarettes until I stopped. It reeks!

You can do it.
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 3, 2007, 07:31 AM
    I share your problem! I am also trying to quit, but all my attempts have failed so far.

Six years ago, I quit without any trouble and stayed smoke free for 4 years. Then two years ago I started back, stupid! I was really stressed and ran back to my habit. I truly regret it! When I quit before I didn't use any meds or patches, so I feel that I should be able to quit the same way now. I can't, so far.

I have tried cold turkey method, cutting down day by day, and eating instead of smoking, but I always end up smoking! I am thinking about trying a new medicine, Chantix, that everyone that has tried it I know, has quit. But it is quite expensive and I am always scared of new medicines at first.

I wish you the best of luck! If you find a way to quit... Let me know!

Good Luck and God Loves You!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will Laser Therapy make me quit smoking? [ 3 Answers ]

I HAVE to quit smoking. I was given a suggestion today to go to a Laser treatment center, and that it would literally ZAP the habit. Couple of questions. How effective is this? I have seen stats that show the success rate is 90%. Has anyone out there been able to quit after having a laser...

I need your help with smoking [ 1646 Answers ]

Well I haven't had a cigi since 8am this morning it was the last one now I've tried on numerous occasions to quit smoking and I'm just not flipping strong enough to do it I always cave in. Now I know there's no easy way to do this and I have to admit boy am I feeling dizzy and funny but I can't...

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

Quit smoking for baby. [ 5 Answers ]

OK well we started trying in January, and I started cutting back on my smoking. I thought I would be able to just quit cold turkey like I did with my first pregnancy... no such luck here. Now I just found out I am pregnant, and I can't quit like I want. Anyone have some ideas... the cutting back...

Smoking and drinking [ 4 Answers ]

All of my siblings and my parents smoke and drink. I'm always around them and I can't stand the smell of smoke. How do I get them to stop smoking and drinking?:confused:

View more questions Search