Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sveltskye Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Jun 25, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Thanks Skell! ^_^
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Jun 25, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Comment on ordinaryguy's post
    And I mean if honestly the guy loved you he wouldn't let that stop him right?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 02:28 PM
    YOu are complete right and responsible for yourself. I think that's a shame if they think you are...
    I think you are the best!!
    partydemon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Look my dear, firstly, forget about the guys that that scares they are not with you for the right reasons. I waited as well to lose my virginity but it was different, most guys wanted to be my first because it was a thrill in their eyes due to how special that moment is. It honestly shouldn't make a difference to the guy that you are in a relationship with. Sex is an exprestion of ones love to another in my opinion and wheither you have done it once or 100 times before that particular person it is just as special because you belong to each other. Don't bother trying to have someone understand why you are still a virgin because that shouldn't be the issue, the reason why you are a virgin is because you have never been with anyong special enough to share that with. It's normal.
    Angel eyes22 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2007, 04:05 AM
    Heya, I'm 22 and well I was a virgin till a couple of months ago my boyfriend is older, he did kind of have a problem with it. It seems to be something to do with experience and commitment and some guys are scared of that. I agree that if a guy is mature enough he will respect that fact , usually an olderguy would probably find that more appealing because your special to them. I somedays have regrets but others none at all. Make sure you meet the right guy and don't be scared of being you. I know lots of people who haven't slept with anyone of our age both guys and girls and they are very attractive people too. The right person will come along soon :D unexpected good luck and don't feel pressured and rush into it! Seriously though it isn't nothing big!
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Jul 1, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Some men are horndogs, but I'm willing to bet some of the men you dated saw how important being a virgin was and knew they didn't want a very seriuos relationship and decided to walk and leave you intact down there. I don't see anything strange about a 22 year old virgin. I guess it is a big deal because of all there responses. If dated a girl that was a virgin and only wanted to give it up after marriage I would leave her as soon as I realized that I didn't want a serious relationship. Sometimes the mood is right and you end up sleeping with someone without planning it. That could be the reason they are treating you differently. They don't want to take your prized possession.
    sao2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 02:12 PM
    I have the contrapositive problem. I attract virgins like moths to a flame. Or maybe it is vice-versa. Something about me looking at a girl with desire and her getting flustered. Maybe, I don't know. Somehow my last 2 serious girlfriends were both Virgins. Incidentally they were both older than you when we started dating and it's not like I go after virgins. I went after them, and then found out.

In my case, I will be apprehensive about dating a virgin in the future. After 2 years one girl was still insisting she wasn't ready. Not to be heartless but in an adult relationship, it is not the only thing, but it is important. If I were to contemplate dating a virgin I would want to at least understand why it is important to her. If she told me "she was waiting for it to be right" and after a few months it didn't happen I would have to leave the relationship. I might want to spare myself the heartbreak of getting attached and then the accusations of "you were only interested in sex". We actually broke up over unrelated reasons, but whenever I brought up the sex issue she shut down and accused me of only being after one thing. After a while that argument goes out the window.(I'm a little bitter with her right now)

In the other case, we did have sex. We broke up because life took us in different directions and I was not ready to do a long distance relationship. I don't think she ever regretted her decision.
    snotbubble Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Aug 12, 2007, 01:54 PM
    I admire you for keeping it for so long. I always wanted to save mine for marriage but lost it when I was 19. There are actually guys your age who are virgins, find one and it'll be so perfect to lose it together.

When I was 18 I only wanted to date a guy who was a virgin, so they wouldn't expect sex. But I found myself, liking a guy simply because he was a virgin, um so don't do it just for that reason :P

Anyway, I don't know if it would bother you if you lost your virginity to a guy who had already been with another woman, but it sort of bothered me. But I do know that most respectable guys will love the fact that they will be the only one you have been with. And you have no baggage- which is perfect for a long serious relationship.

Aug 27, 2007, 07:45 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone cares, but I was just looking over this thread again and was surprised and somewhat amused to see this still accumulating posts about my "virginity" when its really irrelevant to me now since I've had a boyfriend for about three months now and we've slept together by now. My sincerest apologies to anyone on this thread that I've dissapointed (and that means you Chuff ;) LOL

He wasn't a virgin, and really is a much better guy than the dumbasses that I was complaining about on this post- y'all we're completely right. As for what you said, snotbubble (lol about the name), it didn't bother me that he wasn't a virgin because I'm his first girlfriend and I think the first girl he's been in love with so it still felt special. For him, it wasn't really an "honor" or anything I don't think, he just didn't mind one way or another. He wasn't phased at all when I told him, he was just like "oh, really?". Anyway, we're still together and things are going great.

I found it really interesting that I think I was totally ready to have sex by the time I finally got the chance. Some people lose it and feel like they made a mistake but I think in some ways it was a good thing for me to be as mature and ready for a real relationship as I was before I had sex. I didn't wait super long to take that step when I finally found someone because I knew I was ready. I kind of feel like I skipped all the dumb preliminary steps to having an adult relationship. I used to feel like I was cheated because of that, but I think I was just scared that I wouldn't be able to really make that step into romance because it was such a big one. I think I was already mature and acting my age when I wrote this post, but I have to admit, I feel like I've finally stepped completely into adulthood now that I'm in a real relationship.

I still think people make to big a deal about whether you're a virgin or not. After all, having sex doesn't make you automatically mature, and I think I was as or more mature than a lot of non virgins out there when I was a virgin.

I really appreciated all the wonderful comments I got on this thread. It was so nice to feel appreciated for something I kind of felt as a curse. It really had been getting me down for a long time, whether because of societal pressures or just my own self deprecating thoughts (probably both). But its so great to see so many people having such a supportive attitude. And I will too if I meet someone who felt like I did in the future. ^_^
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Oh, no! How dare you!
    Do you realize how much trouble you make to me! Now I am the only virgin left, Chuff is texting me! And I have to block him,LOL j/k.

I am 23, just like you, never had a boyfriend, I am still a virgin. I want to keep it to my Mr. Right in the future.I know it might drive guys away from me, but that also helps me to see clearly who are "one of those guys'!
    I respect on your decision, wish you the best!

Btw, Did that hurt??

Aug 27, 2007, 08:19 PM
    You're awesome, Nicespringgirl! I'm glad there's someone to comfort Chuff now that I'm taken ;)

I'm sure you'll find someone soon. I can see from your avator you're very pretty.

To answer your question, well we had a little trouble the first time, technical difficulties because I was well... such a virgin that he couldn't move very easily. Just a word of advice before you make the same mistake I did: use lube your first time. But it didn't hurt in particular more that time than any other time. See, for me it is still hurting occasionally depending on the day and how much foreplay there was. But its never like "ow take it out!" kind of pain, and it goes away after a few seconds.

Hopefully that wasn't TMI. ^_^
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sveltskye
    I think I was already mature and acting my age when I wrote this post, but I have to admit, I feel like I've finally stepped completely into adulthood now that I'm in a real relationship.

I still think people make to big a deal about whether you're a virgin or not. After all, having sex doesn't make you automatically mature, and I think I was as or more mature than a lot of non virgins out there when I was a virgin.
    You are so right that "having sex doesn't make you automatically mature". And your sense of having "finally stepped completely into adulthood" will be challenged many times still, but it is a big step, and I'm so glad to know it was fulfilling and rewarding for you. Sex, like a lot of things in life, will wax and wane several times as a front-and-center concern as you go on about your business. It's an important thing, but certainly not the only thing that needs to be experienced and understood.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
    My sincerest apologies to anyone on this thread that I've dissapointed (and that means you Chuff ;) LOL

Well that's just great. I trusted you and now this.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    Oh, no! How dare you!!
    Do you realize how much trouble you make to me! Now I am the only virgin left, Chuff is texting me!! and I have to block him,LOL j/k.
    Believe me if I did have you text number I wouldn't stop texting you.

I am 23, just like you, never had a bf, I am still a virgin. I want to keep it to my Mr. Right
    Mr. Right = Mr. Chuff

I know it might drive guys away from me, but that also helps me to see clearly who are "one of those guys'!
    Actually baby, I am the only one of those guys.

Btw, Did that hurt???
    A little bit. I really opened myself up to sveltskye and she stabbed me in the back. But now that I know we are going to be texting one another I'm really not so bothered by it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Originally Posted by nicespringgirl

Btw, Did that hurt??
    Posted by Chuff

A little bit.
    I thought you were a virgin... :p
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Aug 28, 2007, 08:18 PM
    "All the guys I meet are scared away once they find out that I'm a virgin."

Let's turn this into a question; If guys find out I'm a virgin will they be scared away?
    ANSWER>>>>> NO but be aware of a very old and very powerful substance called testosterone.
    matthardy197 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:02 AM
    I wasn't exactly sure whether to put this in the dating thread or this one. I'm 22 years old and I'm a virgin- never been in a relationship, barely dated. The problem is that every guy I meet who's my age (and I'm not interested in anyone more than say 5 years older than me) treats me like I'm the strangest person to ever walk the earth. I'm very attractive and nice, so guys have trouble believing I exist the way I do. I'm not religious, so they're always trying to figure out the mystery of why I haven't been in a relationship before- and the truth is, I don't know either!
    All the guys I meet are scared away once they find out that I'm a virgin. I have learned not to tell anyone until I feel like I'm close enough to them, but at the same time, I'm not going to hide it when I'm interested in a guy. Then inevitably they make me feel like I'm inferior for not having much experience. They seem to be afraid that they're going to break me and see me as younger than my age. I feel like I scare away every boy that I like eventually. Sometimes it makes me feel pretty bad about myself, and I kind of dread telling a guy about my lack of experience. My sister and I joke that I have amazing virgin powers to drive boys away. I know its irrational but all this makes me feel like a big freak. Why do guys treat me like this? What is it about our society that everyone is supposed to lose their virginity in their teens?
    I am also a virgin! Don't do anything that you will regret!
    matthardy197 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:04 AM
    I wasn't exactly sure whether to put this in the dating thread or this one. I'm 22 years old and I'm a virgin- never been in a relationship, barely dated. The problem is that every guy I meet who's my age (and I'm not interested in anyone more than say 5 years older than me) treats me like I'm the strangest person to ever walk the earth. I'm very attractive and nice, so guys have trouble believing I exist the way I do. I'm not religious, so they're always trying to figure out the mystery of why I haven't been in a relationship before- and the truth is, I don't know either!
    All the guys I meet are scared away once they find out that I'm a virgin. I have learned not to tell anyone until I feel like I'm close enough to them, but at the same time, I'm not going to hide it when I'm interested in a guy. Then inevitably they make me feel like I'm inferior for not having much experience. They seem to be afraid that they're going to break me and see me as younger than my age. I feel like I scare away every boy that I like eventually. Sometimes it makes me feel pretty bad about myself, and I kind of dread telling a guy about my lack of experience. My sister and I joke that I have amazing virgin powers to drive boys away. I know its irrational but all this makes me feel like a big freak. Why do guys treat me like this? What is it about our society that everyone is supposed to lose their virginity in their teens?
    I am also a virgin! Don't rush it! Wait until the right person comes along!
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by matthardy197
    I am also a virgin! Don't rush it! Wait until the right person comes along!
    The real Matt Hardy would have read the thread.
    eNg2x Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 07:49 PM

Is Virginity Important Now A Days?

Yes it is very important but yet some just take it for granted in the reason that today is different, its true that our country was already influenced by the 1st world country which is liberated but its not the reason to give up your own self because of that stupid thought. I know some that they have already given up their virginity but their life becomes totally misserable and lossing hope for the chance that no man will accept them, well at least accept them but not totally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Should GFs Past Bother Me? [ 20 Answers ]

1st I probably should watch what I ask for, because in this case I got it. My last GF wasn't a strong, confident woman... she wasn't sexually experienced either, which may have caused this (I was her 2nd and she was 25 at the time)... great girl, great values, family, etc, just very body...

A guy, well 2 guys, well, maybe like 20 guys. [ 4 Answers ]

Um, well, I like a guy. He says I'm pretty which is really sweet. And I like him a lot. I am willing to do anything for him. I like a lot of other guys but I don't know them well. And I know the are just crushes. So I know the first guy, I'll call him bob. Well, I know I should be with bob. He...

How? To meet. [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am not really as pathetic as that sounds. It's really the kind of women I seem to attract, (insane) any tips on meeting some better caliber people.

View more questions Search