Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 7, 2006, 02:38 PM
    So... you have never eaten in a Chinese, Japanese , Thai , Indian... or other ethnic style restaurant... and certainly not Kebab Houses. (mainly Muslim).

Pumpkin - please do feel free to join the rest of the world - there are many, many wonderful people out there. Their beliefs are their own business. Meet them person to person with an open mind. Your beliefs will not be contaminated by theirs.

You can remain christian, they can remain in what ever religion they profess. Religions are not contagious!!
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jun 7, 2006, 02:50 PM
    I already met them. They can only discuss the time of day, the weather and ask for directions.

I could NEVER GET PAST what we have not in common

We usually get take out. Unless we go out of town. But hello- I don't mingle with even though they say hi.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2006, 03:54 PM
    So the only common ground you can ever have with someone is the sharing of the same religion?
    -

Jun 7, 2006, 05:52 PM
    Well, is this interrogation I sense?
    I think you should rephrase the question. I don't discuss religion at work for one. And in public in general, nobody's really talking religion either. I think that maybe I can't handle a friend or a close relationship if theydon't have the basic beliefs I do.
    Christians are really not supposed to "hang out" with unbelievers except to influence them to come to Jesus and save their souls. We have to be careful so that we in turn won't be influenced toward sin.
    Hope that makes sense. But I can only talk to outsiders on a superficial (how's the weather going) basis.
    They lack an understood hope we have I guess.

Jun 7, 2006, 07:09 PM
    What an all embracing religion you do profess - may your god be with you.
    -

Jun 7, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Thank You... and He's not just my God :rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 03:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    I think you should rephrase the question. I don't discuss religion at work for one. And in public in general, nobody's really talking religion either.
    So how do you know what religion they are? In my circle of friends/acquaintances/workmates I probably the religious affiliation of a little more than a handful of them - some are Roman Catholic, Protestant, atheist, agnostic, Jews, Jehovah Witness, probably a muslim and a buddhist in there somewhere. Yet we discuss everything under the sun.

Christians are really not supposed to "hang out" with unbelievers except to influence them to come to Jesus and save their souls. We have to be careful so that we in turn won't be influenced toward sin.
    Who preaches that? Not the bible nor the church. And non-christians aren't the ones that influence others towards sin - christinas sin just as much as the next man no matter what religion they are or aren't.

But I can only talk to outsiders on a superficial (how's the weather going) basis.
    That is self-imposed by yourself obviously.
    They lack an understood hope we have I guess.
    Nah, pretty much everyobe I meet has hope unless they are destitute and that, once again, is not dependent on religion.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonegy
    What an all embracing religion you do profess - may your god be with you.
    Couldn't comment on your post. It appears that the sarcasm was completely lost on the intended recipient. :)
    -

Jun 8, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Hope? Don't Jewish people think that burying the dead and the ground become one? That's it?

Self-imposed but true! I know when to use a Jewish lawyer's services. But I still didn't see any one but Christians for years. There's not even a Temple or a Mosque where I live. When I lived in N.Y. (yey, go Yankees) just kidding! Go Heat! :D
    I ran across probably every religion possible.

I can't (see-negative already!) be good friends with people who might not believe in a God or Jesus. I didn't say acquaintances like at work or even neighbors. What you described in" the handful" of people was just casual. p.s.- you described 8 people - & u said "a handful".

Most importantly, I want to see my brother again.

What's this got to do with DEMONS? Well, let's just say that the angels already won. Take it easy- life's a beach!
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 9, 2006, 03:41 AM
    [QUOTE=31pumpkin]

Christians are really not supposed to "hang out" with unbelievers except to influence them to come to Jesus and save their souls. We have to be careful so that we in turn won't be influenced toward sin.Hope that makes sense.
    It makes plenty of sense 31Pumpkin. The Bible tells us so.

New King James Version (NKJV)
    1 Corinthians 15:33. NKJV
    33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”

So yes, you are right. Satan would try to use such associations to try to drag you down. So you are definitely doing the right thing in keeping a respectful distance.
    (2 Corinthians 6:14-16)
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2006, 04:11 AM
    [quote=Starman]
    It makes plenty of sense 31Pumpkin. The Bible tells us so.

New King James Version (NKJV)
    1 Corinthians 15:33. NKJV
    33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”

So yes, you are right. Satan would try to use such associations to try to drag you down. So you are definitely doing the right thing in keeping a respectful distance.
    (2 Corinthians 6:14-16)
    By this you are saying that all non-christians are evil. What a sad way to live your life, to think all 70% of the people on this planet are evil. So why do you choose to live in a place that is predominantly full of evil people?

Jun 9, 2006, 04:59 AM
    AAAAaawwwwwwww Karma!

I had been holding on to that 30% christian card ;)
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2006, 05:19 AM
    Sorry for playing it so early. :(

:D
    -

Jun 9, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Karma: I didn't say that 68-70% of the world was EVIL, you chose that word.

The real catch is that they are living in sin just from their unbelief.

You really have "negative karma" (for lack of a better term) with the Lord spiritually.

Now, knowing that revelation in my Spirit, I would definitely prefer to ride on a plane with a bunch of people wearing Christ heads about their neck & a cross or two. You get the message.

I wouldn't want to ride in a taxi driven by someone who was a Wicca, so hide the pentagram( or star what it's called ) Then I have to remember my God's favor & how when a big boulder comes & falls on the taxi - it will split it in two, and I have to think about that poor driver... & forget about getting to where I'm going because that one's crushed.. & I barely made it. That's what I'm saying. We live in dangerous times & one needs a savior.

That's a false religion anyway. It's an excuse. Any belief that relies on nature & the nature of man (which is the flesh/body) is false. Christians are led by the spirit & not by the flesh in their actions (the Holy Spirit) It does not give in to sin as they are convicted of that sin beforehand.
    The trouble I see is that many Christians are not "born-again" in the statistical data of world religions. This is an important step (not just my opinion either).
    Christians are living in light of the 10 commandments, but some need to be officially born-again to grasp the teachings of the Lord & to pray in the Holy Spirit. It makes one's life holier I think. Not being carnally inclined like everyone else.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Karma: I didn't say that 68-70% of the world was EVIL, you chose that word.
    No you didn't say it, agreed,; there was a bug in the quoting system when I posted. Actually Starman makes the link from a Bible verse that non-christians are evil. "Evil company ..."

The real catch is that they are living in sin just from their unbelief.
    No they are not. That's just you saying that. Just because people are not like you doesn't make them bad people. You'll have to get that through your head eventually else you're just a regular lowly bigot.

You really have "negative karma" (for lack of a better term) with the Lord spiritually.
    Not at all. You simply want to believe that I'm a bad person spiritually because I refuse to put down others who are not like me. Not going to happen.
    -

Jun 9, 2006, 11:48 AM
    See Karma, that's just it, you just don't KNOW.

I am not prejudiced towards a person. I am decided in my own religion. It's the religion or cult I'm repelled by. I don't say judge a book by it's cover, either.

Say, I saw Rosie Perez on T.V. this week kidding with Adam Sandler(who now is attatched.) She said she "flirted" with him 10 yrs. Ago, but he didn't take it as that. She said to her agent - "Who's that nice looking Jewish Guy over there?"
    Leno asked, "how did u know he was Jewish?" She said, "I'm from N.Y., I can tell!" So, my point is that one may recognize someone or not being a certain faith, but we all still have to share many things in common to living and working together. It's the actions of any religion (or lack thereof) that will be most important.
    Knowing what I know now(having experienced many years without Jesus) I can say my life is complete. And now I know why. It took years to find out & when it comes time to share Spiritual things - I only appreciate someone who's on the same page.
    Psalm 1 - You'll be like " a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth fruit in season; your leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever you do shall prosper."

Starman is correct. Here's more on choosing friends wisely - "I wrote you in previous letter not to associate (closely and habitually) with unchaste(impure) people" 1 Corinthians 5:9 - The Amplified Bible.

If " we" are to walk in things of the Lord, we aren't suppose to choose friends who don't give God a place in their lives. They can pull us down. If we associate with Godly people, their faith rubs off on us.

BTW - Isn't your wife Christian? I just thought I read that somewhere before?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2006, 11:50 AM
    You're right - it's best that you and Starman keep to yourselves.
    Bye.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 9, 2006, 12:06 PM
    This thread is hereby consigned to the "Off Thread Pit of Doom"

Thanks to everyone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search