Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacwaters Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Stinky water
    I live in a condo on the 4th floor (top floor). When I turn on the bathroom faucet, a terrible sulfer stink comes out. The faucet and connecting pipes were just replaced last month. When I do laundry, sometimes my laundry comes out of the washing machine with the same stink (even though I use Tide & amonia to disenfect). The kitchen sink, bath tub and toilet do not smell.

When asked, the condo plumbers and engineers just say they never heard of such a thing. What could be the problem and what can I do?
    LBerry56 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jacwaters
    I live in a condo on the 4th floor (top floor). When I turn on the bathroom faucet, a terrible sulfer stink comes out. The faucet and connecting pipes were just replaced last month. When I do laundry, sometimes my laundry comes out of the washing machine with the same stink (even though I use Tide & amonia to disenfect). The kitchen sink, bath tub and toilet do not smell.

When asked, the condo plumbers and engineers just say they never heard of such a thing. What could be the problem and what can I do?
    Odor may not be from faucet but from the drain. The "P" trap could be causing the odor. If the overflow drain is clogged odor may be from it. Bacteria builup causes this odor. Laundry may be contaminated by backup fro waher drain "P" trap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stinky Rotten Egg Hot Water [ 18 Answers ]

I know several questions have been posted on this topic, but here is my situation and I am hoping someone will have a few words of wisdom. My home is 2 yrs old and I am on well water-very hard well water. I had no problems with taste, smell etc. except the hard water spots until now. In Feb....

Stinky Water [ 1 Answers ]

I have smelly water that comes out of the faucet when I run hot or cold water. I read through some of the other similar questions on this site but I live in a large apartment building where I cannot access any of the things discussed in rectifying the situation. What can someone like ME do (if...

Stinky water from faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a manufactured house by patriot and in the master bath, I rarely use the sink. When I do use the sink, the water, not the drain smells like sewage, but only the cold water. I use the bathtub in this bathroom but I don't have any problem with the water there. What could be causing this...

Standing stinky water in bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

In my bathroom sink there is standing water- but only below the stopper. The water drains a bit slow but doesn't back up at all. I have cleared all debris and flushed the drain with a Drano type cleaner and it didn't help at all. The worst part is that the water smells aweful. What is your...

Stinky Cats [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 males cats; a Siamese and a Maine Coon. When these boys use the litter box the smell is unbearable! Is it because they are boys and don't cover up their business with litter? Is it the food I am feeding them? I have tried every type litter, deoderant powder, etc... I keep their litter...

View more questions Search