Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ELKTALK101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Dishwasher Timer does not advance past final rinse.
    I have a Whirlpool Model #DU920PWKQ0 dishwasher that seems to run fine except when
    It comes to the final rinse cycle. The timer stops advancing at that point and the dishwasher just keeps on rinsing. The motor was already replaced in it. I figured that it burned out because it never shut off. I figured that it was the timer and replaced it. The new timer does the same thing, so I borrowed the timer from my moms dishwasher (same model) and it does the same thing. Could the problem be with the 8 button switch. I check the continuity of the wire terminals against the one in my moms and they seem to be the same. I'm stumped do you have any ideas?
    I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks Jim
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 30, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ELKTALK101
    I have a Whirlpool Model #DU920PWKQ0 dishwasher that seems to run fine except when
    it comes to the final rinse cycle. The timer stops advancing at that point and the dishwasher just keeps on rinsing. The motor was already replaced in it. I figured that it burned out because it never shut off. I figured that it was the timer and replaced it. The new timer does the same thing, so I borrowed the timer from my moms dishwasher (same model) and it does the same thing. Could the problem be with the 8 button switch. I check the continuity of the wire terminals against the one in my moms and they seem to be the same. I'm stumped do you have any ideas?
    I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks Jim
    I don't know about your model dishwasher but some have a High Temp water heat in the final rinse which some manufacturers call the Sani-Cycle. If the heating element is not working that may be the problem. If you do a continuity check and find that the element is good, check the small thermostat which is located in series with the element. Try shutting off the heating cyles on the buttons if you have that option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dishwasher Model 665158240000 quick rinse flashing [ 23 Answers ]

Dishwasher quick rinse keeps blinking what does this mean? Can't turn it off.:confused:

Maytag dishwasher not releasing rinse aid [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Maytag dishwasher that does not seem to be rinsing or drying well. After the entire cycle is finished, the dishes have a dry white powder on them and the plastic ones are still very wet. I'm using liquid dishwasher (only a small amount) and jet dry. I don't think the rinse aid is being...

Dishwasher rinse agent [ 5 Answers ]

I have a kenmore ultra wash 111 dishwasher. I use jet dry in the rinse agent but I still get a film and spots on my dishes. Any idea what could be the problem and how do I fix it?

Outdated whirlpool dishwasher timer [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 whrilpool dishwasher and its been a great one. It needs repaired. My husband is very handy so he ordered a pump and timer online. They sent the pump and charged us for the timer too but didn't send the timer. When my husband contacted them they said the timer is discontinued and now...

View more questions Search