Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcorrino Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 09:35 AM
    OCR Detection.
    Reverse OCR Detection!!

Hello are there any tools to check whether a... say... word document was created using a ocr utility??

Somebody mailed me a .doc file which I think was created by using a OCR utility on a image.
    Are there any tools available... can u help me out?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Apr 30, 2007, 09:43 AM
    No, a word document does not keep track of where the text entered came from.
    jcorrino Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 09:56 AM
    I heard OCR utilities leave "signatures"... and Change "MS-Word Codes" on documents (of which I have no clue:confused: )... are u sure there is no way?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Apr 30, 2007, 10:11 AM
    I've not heard/seen anything relating to OCR software modifying the codes for MS Word documents. In fact, if they were modified too much, MS Word would not be able to open them. Had it been a more robust format such as a PDF document, perhaps, but Word documents are fairly basic.

That being said, there's a tool that you can use to view the codes in MS Word documents that may reveal clues if they exist.

Reveal MS Word document information and MS Word file formats with CrossEyes - the software that shows you the code key to MS Word.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ocr utility [ 2 Answers ]

I have Microsoft office docoment imaging.its default OCR language is English.how can I install urdu as additional language.

No network detection, help! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC running windows xp home sp2 which I am trying to connect via lan cable to a laptop running windows xp pro sp2, unfortunately when I connect the computers, no network registers. The network cards are installed but are both the same (Realtek RL8139). I have connected each computer to...

OCR (Optical character recognition) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing my postgraduate study and I am planning to develop an ocr software for my project work, but I could not get any reference about the topic or any help, if u coud help me giving information about the building steps and references it will be very helpful

OCR software [ 2 Answers ]

I use Windows XP & Windows 98 & Scanner: Benq S2W 3000U & Printer: HP deskjet 3325 I have many paper with writing and pictures. I put it in computer with Scanner. 1- What is the best program that can help me?? #Options to saves and move text & image #text recognition # I hope the...

OCR software [ 1 Answers ]

I use Windows XP & Windows 98 & Scanner: Benq S2W 3000U & Printer: HP deskjet 3325 I have many paper with writing and pictures. I put it in computer with scanner. 1- What is the best program that can help me?? #Options to saves and move text & image #text recognition # I hope the...

View more questions Search