Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    75Dorothy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Judgment Payoffs
    When paying off judgments or debts which have reached collection agencies, can you negotiate with the original creditor?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 08:17 AM
    I guess the original creditor is fed up at this point and wouldn't even talk to you but if they are willing to negotiate then give it a try!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Doesn't hurt to try, but if they have sold the debt, then they no longer have legal standing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgment Interest [ 2 Answers ]

A loan company had a judgment against me 13 years ago. The 10 year statute of limitations ran on the judgment and they did not renew it. I wanted to settle it with them for what I actually owed on the principal and the contracted interest, which was 5%. They wanted 10% interest because they...

Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I have been threatened with a judgment from a bad credit card debt. I did try to work out a payment plan but they wanted to take it directly from my checking each month and I did not want them to have my account number. I wanted to send a cashier's check. I do not own my home and I am in...

Judgment Help [ 9 Answers ]

Ok so I had leased a car a over 10 years ago. I was reposessed and I had a judgement on me for 10 years The judgement was removed about 6 months ago. The company who filed that judgement went bankrupt and an Bankruptcy lawyer is trying to collect the money I had a letter left on my door demanding...

Can they get a judgment against me? [ 1 Answers ]

OK I'm on s.s disability got behind On credit card. Now I'm getting all Those calls. Can they put a judgment Against me. I own nothing

Judgment/Ch 13 [ 6 Answers ]

I have judgment for 1400 on credit report. This amount was discharged in BK13 but my atty failed to make a motion to have it dismissed when at my hearing and hence, it remains on on my credit report. To get it satisfied, I apparently need to pay 1400 plus atty fees and interest from 2000. One...

View more questions Search