Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a_broken_promise Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 07:29 AM
    A broken promise
    I got out of a HUGE relationship with James. We dated for over a year and I loved him. But then we broke up and ever since I've been jumping from guy to guy. Until I found one I ended up falling in love with. He said he loved me. He said he would never, could never, break up with me. But then one day my ex, James, texted me saying I still love you. And naturally I said it back. Anthony found out on Friday and on Saturday, also my 16th birthday I got a myspace message saying "i think we should break up. we can still be friends. i hope you have a great birthday." well on Monday I found out that wasn't the only reason I got dumped. I almost broke down when I saw him with her. I don't know her though. But I shall have my revenge. But what I want to know is... now what? Did he mean those things he said to me? If he did could he do what he did? And most importantly... how do I get revenge? :confused:
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Apr 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Don't you think you're being a bit selfish and hypocritical? You want your boyfriend to be true but think it is okay to profess your love to your ex? There's no need for revenge, as you are the one that started this ball rolling. Even if he was interested in seeing someone else before he found out about your message to James, it is clear you still want James and not Anthony. How can you possibly blame Anthony for looking elsewhere when you clearly don't care for him?
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 30, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Revenge doesn't hurt anyone but yourself. You have james, don't you?
    Schollmeyer Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Sorry but you messed up and you cannot blame james,and if it was a test you failed

Apr 30, 2007, 02:29 PM
    No you guys are missing it completely... I didn't mean to say it! Its just what I'm used to saying to him because the last time I talked to him we were together. Plus today I found out that didn't matter to anthony at all. He had really dumped me for another girl. And he just had to make it seem like it was all my fault. What a jerk. And I know revenge is a bad idea but I was angry and hurt when I wrote this. I'm not one to get revenge.
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

Apr 30, 2007, 02:44 PM
    No need for revenge, move on.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Apr 30, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by a_broken_promise
    no you guys are missing it completely...i didnt mean to say it! its just what im used to saying to him because the last time i talked to him we were together.
    Come on, you don't really expect us to believe that do you? Had you "said it," perhaps it could have just been a slip. But you said he texted you, which means you TYPED it back to him. While it's possible to say something off the cuff by mistake, typing something out on your phone takes a bit more concentration than that.

Be mad at Anthony all you want, but you are obviously still hung up over James. You were not truthful about your feelings to Anthony, so you can't blame him for looking elsewhere.

May 1, 2007, 06:49 AM
    ... your right. I still love james, but I love anthony too. But they are both over me.

May 1, 2007, 10:42 AM
    It's time to move on. There are plenty of fishes in the sea that will love you back. It's better for you, easier to just love one at a time though.
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

May 1, 2007, 09:27 PM
    i got out of a HUGE relationship with James. we dated for over a year and i loved him. but then we broke up and ever since ive been jumping from guy to guy. until i found one i ended up falling in love with. he said he loved me. he said he would never, could never, break up with me. but then one day my ex, James, texted me saying i still love you. and naturally i said it back. anthony found out on friday and on saturday, also my 16th birthday i got a myspace message saying "i think we should break up. we can still be friends. i hope you have a great birthday." well on monday i found out that wasnt the only reason i got dumped. i almost broke down when i saw him with her. i dont know her though. but i shall have my revenge. but what i want to know is...now what? did he mean those things he said to me? if he did could he do what he did? and most importantly...how do i get revenge? :confused:
    Whoah... yeah you definitely shouldn't have told the other guy you loved him. Not cool. At least as far as you know this newer guy waited to talk to this girl until AFTER he broke up with you. You didn't want to get hurt? Neither did he
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

May 1, 2007, 09:35 PM
    ...your right. i still love james, but i love anthony too. but they are both over me.
    I don't believe you love either one of them. I think you love the idea of having them both around but unfrotunately you cannot have that. You should not seek revenge on this girl you don't even know. She did nothing wrong and she probably has no idea who you are.

And I surely don't believe that text message was an accident, it was just an accident that you got caught.

You made mistakes and learned from them and they will only make you wiser in your next relationship.

May 3, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyMaltipoo
    I don't believe you love either one of them. I think you love the idea of having them both around but unfrotunately you cannot have that. You should not seek revenge on this girl you don't even know. She did nothing wrong and she probably has no idea who you are.

And I surely don't believe that text message was an accident, it was just an accident that you got caught.

You made mistakes and learned from them and they will only make you wiser in your next relationship.
    Very good answer. You made the mistakes and now you have to learn from them.
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

May 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
    1st of all love triangles are just bull, second, move on you're going to keep hurting them including yourself. Just leave them alone and grow up a little.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I pierce my navel myself because of a broken promise? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been begging my mom for a belly button piercing since I was 4 1/2 years old. My mom FINALLY said yes after 8 1/2 years (I'm now 13). My mom did something that she shouldn't have and it hurt my mentally VERY bad. She just said, "Kirsten, I'll make it up to you, and take you to get your belly...

This is broken. [ 1 Answers ]

I got this idea from a magazine. Go to this link: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-5/qid=1169914582/ref=sr_1_5/601-4486323-2759321?ie=UTF8&asin=B000JZ8A1M. Scroll down and click on "features". Read what it says. Then click on "Description" and read what it says. It's sort of stupid...

A promise [ 3 Answers ]

When your ex gives you a promise ring what does that mean? And he won't take it back?:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :(

Broken up [ 4 Answers ]

:-[ my boyfriend and I just broke up after 6 months.

View more questions Search