Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brad James Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 06:39 AM
    MayTag Sqeaking Freezer
    I have a 2 year old Maytag Refrigerator Freezer.
    The Freezer is on the bottom.
    It appears that when all the ice is gone... the freezer starts making a weird noise, sort of a rolling squeaking sound, The machine is also very slow to make ice. Any ideas?
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 30, 2007, 10:47 PM
    One problem it may be is that the evaporator fan motor bearings are bad, causing the squeak and poor cooling because of improper air circulation in the freezer compartment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removal of the freezer panel (Maytag refrigerator) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag refrigerator MTB1504ARW. Could anyone be so kind to explain me how I can remove the sheet metal panel inside of the freezer section to check the coils for ice buildup? I have tried this but the panel doesn't come off easily so I am worried not to brake something. Cheers!

How to do forced defrost on Maytag fridge/freezer [ 3 Answers ]

I have maytag rsd2200eam side by side fridge. Fridge side had been getting warmer over a week now.. I cked airflow vents were free of ice.. Cleaned out fridge and freezer found ice on lower back wall of freezer and the evaporator coils frozen pretty solid.. But while emptying freezer I did find a...

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

View more questions Search