Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redchick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 02:03 AM
    Interview questions for Primary MFL
    Hi

I am a secondary school teacher who wishes to teach Languages (french and spanish) in Primary schools. I have my first ever interview with a primary school and am unsure of what to expect. I would like to know if anyone has any tips on what type of questions I will be asked in the interview? I get very nervous before interviews so sny tips would be a great help! Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 02:26 AM
    The first thing that I would do is research about the school where you are having the interview. Find out everything you can about them. Let the interviewer know what you know about the school. This will impress him or her. Also, it will show that you care about what is already in place at the school.

Bring copies of what you know about the school to the interview. Also, bring copies of selected tests that you have made, programs that the students have given, pictures, etc. Doesn't have to be a lot of things. Just a small portfolio to add addition to your resume and credentials. "Oh, by the way, would you mind if I showed you some things that I have done with my students?"

They will probably ask the following:

What experience have you had working with grade school age children?
    What do you think are your best qualifications for this job?
    If the job involves a move by you: Are you willing to relocate?
    What do you think is important about learning a different language other than the spoken one, at an early age?
    Why do you want to leave your present position?
    You have your Masters degree. Why do you want to teach at a grade school?
    How do you feel about integrating what you are teaching with the art and/or music teacher in what they are teaching?
    Are you a team player in the teaching workplace? What are ways that you can think of that would make your teaching here a team playing evironment?
    What sort of things would you bring in to help enhance what you are teaching? I.e. visitors who speak the foreign language, music, art, drama, books other than the basil that will be used, etc.

Just some ideas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interview questions [ 1 Answers ]

I am interviewing for a I.T. Help desk position within my company. Where can I find interviewing question that would help me with this interview?

Some Interview Questions - 1 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I would be thankful if you could provide me the solution to the following questions in C: 1. Given 2 files, f1 and f2 with thousands of name each. Find the common names in the two files. Extend this to 3 files. 2. Algorithm to count most user viewed pages. 3. Code to find dot and...

Interview questions [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need help answering the following questions: What do you think primary teachers should know in order to be effective in the classroom? The Primary National Strategy is based on the principles of excellence and enjoyment. Is it possible for a teacher when planning the curriculum to...

Interview questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have an interview and need to know some answers to these questions? 1. what do you think primary teachers should know in order to be effective in the classroom? 2. The Primary National Strategy is based on the Principles of excellence and enjoyment. Is it possible for a teacher when planning...

Help making interview questions [ 0 Answers ]

I need help on making interview questions asking a person all about their particular culture... and I have noe idea how to do that :'( PLEASE HELP ME!! I need to have this done by October 2nd??

View more questions Search