Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyscarlett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 11:26 PM
    How to let go of the past
    I have been married for 8 years and I have beautiful children with this man, but my past keeps haunting me. I was in a relationship 10 years ago and he was very abusive mentally, as well as being physically abusive. He didn't start that way though. He was never abusive at all until his grandpa died and he started to drink a lot. Then the abuse came. Our relationship ended with him crying and me leaving. Since then, I moved on to bigger and better things, yet I have not been able to rid myself of him. I dream about him touching me and loving me... I have forgiven him for the things he did to me, but I don't think he knows that. He has had a large amount of bad luck and I am thinking that what goes around comes around. My theory is that if I could find him and tell him that I have forgiven him, then maybe any bad luck that I have brought his way will leave and I can finally be rid of him for good. Please comment I am not sure of what to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 30, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Don't beat yourself up, or dwell on the past too much, as its so normal to take a long time to heal. After 8 years, your bound to have certain memories pop into your head a lot. Focus on your children and building a life that you are happy with, and you will eventually start feeling much better, and more in control. Give yourself a break and realize that you have a lot to recover from, and it takes a long time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Her past and mine... [ 14 Answers ]

Now what Im going to write I have cut short to save your eyes hurting apoligies if its still long... I have just turned 20 and basically I am in love for the first time and to be honest this is my first real relationship both physically and mentally, when I was 18 I did something I regret massively...

Letting go of the past [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for 2 years and over time have come to find out things about his past that I cannot seem to deal with. First - he has 3 kids with 3 different mamas. First one he was 20 - mom was 18, second one he was 22 - mom was 15 (I think) and gave up child for adoption, third child...

My Past Relationship. [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I was in a relationship for 3 months. It started as hanging out together a couplle days a week... He asked for the relationship more than once. I said no the first time. To me he was rushing so I made him wait. Finally I said yes. It was sweet, met the family (he has a daughter as well)...

Dwelling on the past [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone well I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years now and we are like best friends. Except for one issue when we first started dating I felt the need to lie to him and tell him I had sex previously, I made the story up about a few guys and I think I did it becases I thought at the time he...

Issue from my past [ 4 Answers ]

I am very happily married, so this has nothing to do with a desire for another man, just so I am understood. But, I had a love years ago, we almost married. He was hiding an onset of schitzophrenia, we tried to work through it, but it was too much for him. He left one day. My husband feels he...

View more questions Search