Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    callingallhelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Lump on back of head
    I discovered a lump on the back of my head last night. It is about the size of a quarter and is hard not moving. It is a little bit above my neck and centered. Could this be the cause of an infection or something else? If something else, what? Thanks. :)
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 29, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Is it tender to the touch? I'm not an expert but it would help others to know if there is any pain or tenderness to the area. Could be a swollen lymph node fighting infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on back of baby's head [ 13 Answers ]

My daughter is almost 10 months old. She has a cold--stuffy nose, slight cough.. etc.etc. your basic stuff. I noticed that she has a lump on the back of her head. Smack in the middle, just above the neck (but on the head not neck) smaller than the size of a pea. It feels like a swollen lymph node,...

Lump on back of infant's head [ 5 Answers ]

I have 5 1/2 month twin girls. One of my daughter's has a small lump on the back of her head right in the middle and above her neck. It is hard and the size of a pea. She doesn't flinch when we touch it and seems to be oblivious to the lump. We are very worried and don't know if we should bring...

Lump in back on my son's head. [ 5 Answers ]

My son started complaining about a lump in back of his head that hurts. So I took him to the doctor to get tests done to see what it is. I was quite disappointed when the doctor told be that they could not do any tests. She said to keep an eye on it and if it starts growing, THEN they will test it....

Lump on back of the head and birthmark/face [ 2 Answers ]

My baby is 9 months old. One day I was feeling on the back of her neck I felt a lump on the back of her head near her ear. Could this be serious. Should I take her to see her pediatric? One more thing, my daughter has a birthmark/mole on her face, could this be cancer?

Lump on back of head [ 4 Answers ]

I am 14 years old. Recently, lots of my lymph nodes have swollen up. This was about a week ago. Now, a lump has appeared, as if from nowhere on the back of my head. The lump is hard and non-moveable. It is not painful if left alone but when pressure is applied it can be felt. Is this connected to...

View more questions Search