Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2dooride Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Bown fuse on my stereo system
    I have two mtx amps hooked up in my car. I had my system for over a year and one day my 60amp fuse blows. Now I checked around to see if there was any short around my wires and I couldn't find anything. I replace my 60amp fuse and a day later the 60 amp fuse went out again. What can cause this to happened? Also I use 4 gauge wires and I have a 1.5 cap. Thanks for any advice you guys can give.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 03:05 PM
    A couple of things are possible, a failing component, Intermittent short, How is fuse holder connections? Loose connections generate heat, Capacitor?
    They make nice DC Amprobes now(Maybe 10years)That can make DC Current Measurements, by clamping on. What fuse rating for 1 amp?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

03 dodge stereo removal [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone have a idea for the easiest, not quikest, way of getting the factory stereo out of a 2003 dodge ram 1500 dash

Engine fuse blown, fixed, now stereo won't get power [ 2 Answers ]

The other day I had to jump my 95 nissan sentra. The cables got crossed and the main engine 75amp fuse got blown. I had it brought into the service shop and they made sure everything checked out and it all did, but the only problem I'm having is that the stereo doesn't seem to be working at all. ...

Home Stereo System [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of building a new home. I have done all the plumbing, heating and working on the electrical. After I complete the electrical I am considering installing a whole house stereo systems (ceiling and wall mounted speakers). I'm having a difficault time trying to located...

Stereo problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have stereo system installed in my car and it was working just fine but then one day it started getting electrical interference and now my subs go off by themselves really loud even if the volume is down all the way it still goes off with a constant base it loud too what's the problem? I have to...

Honda Civic Stereo [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1995 honda civic lx, and the light does not work in my stereo. I wondering if I took it apart would I find a fuse, or is the stereo trash?

View more questions Search