Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    singer53 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 07:06 PM
    A quiet boyfriend
    I have been seeing a man for two years now, but he doesn't want to go anywhere public. He says he doesn't want to show his kids that he is dating anyone because their mother did that, his exwife, and it hurt them badly. I have gone along with it because I didn't really want to be in a serious relationship. But now I am wanting to be "public". He hasn't shown that interest. We have sex whenever we see each other. I want to know if I am giving myself away to a bad relationship or how do I go about letting this guy know that he means the world to me?
    MichiganGirl10 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 08:34 PM
    You need to tell him straight out that you are ready to take the next step. Being a secret is boreing. If you really feel like you like this guy as much as you say and you want to take the next step then telling him so will help. He will never no until you speak up. You don't want to waste your time with somebody who is going to keep you in the closet. That is not a healthy relationship.

Crystal
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 30, 2007, 06:22 AM
    He has his own baggage, and if you are with him, you are going to be effected by it. Going along will hurt you in the end. This relationship is not very healthy, and its not going to get any better it seems.
    singer53 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Now that I want more in the relationship, I feel a greater sense of dissatisfaction. Yesterday, after being with him the night before, I felt a lot of hurt because I couldn't just call him and talk. I thought I could go along without all the talking, but it isn't working. We did a lot of talking on a date the night before, but we didn't go anywhere where we could be seen as a couple. He has told me off and on that he is a hermit and doesn't want to be someone who reveals everything. I don't buy that, but I was going along with it for my own reasons. Thanks for your input talaniman and MichiganGirl10.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't understand why I kept quiet during abuse [ 2 Answers ]

I had some horrible guys abuse me sexually. More than once. First was guy who for 10 years more or less lived out his sick fantasies on me. Then a string of guys I thought were my friends one by one--with one as a particular ring leader--did unspeakable things to me. Yes, I was naïve and adept at...

Quiet Title [ 1 Answers ]

Under what circumstances would you purchase real estate with only a Quiet Title? I mean how credible is Quiet Title?

Keeping Quiet [ 9 Answers ]

I'm not a depressed person. I have some issues with my personal life and all I have are friends and family to talk to. For every argument I have with my boyfriend, I make a point to tell a friend, or maybe even two. Sometimes I feel that I tell people too much and they could judge me or my...

Filing a quiet title action [ 10 Answers ]

I am so tired of dealing with attorney's out of state, speficially in Florida and it has cost me $1000's I would like to know from someone if I can do a quiet title action, pro-se and what it would take. It isn't very involved because my father's wife has recently passed away and there are no other...

My dog is too quiet [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: we have a miniature dachshund that is 1 year old. He is usually very active but just recently he was said to have fleas. Now he is unusually quite and just not himself. He sleeps a lot and is not as active as usual(doesnt want to go for walks, play(etc.) We took him to the vet and took...

View more questions Search