Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cev318 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Roper dryer not heating and settings knob not turning
    I have a roper dryer and it has stopped drying. I have taken the back off and tested the continuity on the element and on the 2 thermostats on the element housing and they all have continuity. I have noticed that when I run the dryer that the settings knob does not turn it stays in the same spot and the dryer just runs endlessly. Is this why my dryer does not dry and how hard is it for a d.i.y'er. Any help is appreciated
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 29, 2007, 07:08 PM
    While you were back there testing the thermostats you should have also tested the thermal fuse for continuity besides the element also. The timer dial will not advance on the automatic cycles if no heat is produced.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roper dryer not drying my clothes [ 5 Answers ]

My dryer is not drying my clothes. Initially, the dryer would be hot and not dry but I had moved and the vent lining was too long. That worked for awhile, but now, it takes 2-3 hours to dry the clothes. Another site said it might be a blown fuse. How do I get to the fuse box to replace it?

Roper gas dryer won't heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a model #RGX5634KQ2 roper dryer it is about 3yrs old and it will not get hot. Everything is working fine, except no hot air. What could be the problem?

Roper Dryer Not getting hot [ 1 Answers ]

My Roper Stackable Dryer is not getting hot. Do you think this is the heating element? If so where can I pick up a new part and how easy is it to install?

Roper Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer start on but is not heating up. Can some one give an answer what I need to do. Thank you, evertracy

View more questions Search