Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ohio_Remodeler Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Properly Venting a Bathtub Drain
    The drain on the right is coming down from a bathtub drain. Inspector says the maximum vertical run allowed is 18". It is currently about 4' so this will need to be shortened.

It connects to a sanitary tee on the left, and the top of the sanitary tee is how this fixture is vented. Is there any problem with this setup in regards to how the tub will vent? The vent is obviously below the drain.

If venting is an issue, can I put an air admittance valve above the drain to vent the tub?
    Attached Images

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub slow drain (used to drain OK!) [ 15 Answers ]

First, Hello to everyone and thanks in advance for any help. My bathtub used to drain properly (I think.) but not fast IIRC. I've done some searching around the site and found a few good ideas. So according to some suggestions, I've done the following. Unscrewed and remove the overflow...

Venting/Drainage a new Bathtub into an existing sunk in shower [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, Basically. The sunk-in shower is obviously lower than the bath tub. And I wish to connect the new drain from the tub to the existing 2" drain from the shower. My question is: How would I go about venting (if needed) and connecting the new tub that is 4' away from the existing drain, Without,...

Adding a Bathtub/venting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a half bath upstairs and am changing it into a full bath. I have a 2" vent pipe for the lower bathroom (which was run in the wall i removed to fit the tub) which runs up through the middle of the room and back into the stack for ventilation. The upstairs sink runs 3 feet directly into the...

Bathtub Venting question [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of remodeling a basement bathroom directly next to an exterior wall. Previously there was a shower and now I want to put in a bathtub. When I took out the fiberglass shower, I found that the shower drain was connected directly to the main waste line leading out of the house. ...

Drain Venting [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a house (35 yr old) in which the kitchen sink vent was removed (it was completely clogged). The plummer installed a mechanical vent for the sink drain. That works fine for the kitchen, however when a toilet is flushed, water actually backflows into the kitchen sink. I am...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.