Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Som Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2005, 10:33 AM
    I am in F-1, wife in H-1... can my wife file as "Married Filing Jointly" ?
    I am in F-1 visa, and my wife is in H-1. We have been staying in the US since August 2000. Till last year we used to file as "Married filing separately", but this year I figured that if we do that we will pay more taxes. My question is can my wife file "Married filing jointly" for both of us?
    Please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 1, 2005, 12:21 PM
    I have answer your private message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife won't help out. [ 13 Answers ]

My wife refuses to help out around the house. We have three children and have been married for 10 years, during this time she has constantly lost, or lied about having jobs, but when it comes time to help out with expenses she acts childish and refuses to talk about this. Me and my children are...

Wife says she is impotent [ 19 Answers ]

I can't even remember the last time we had sex. Everything was fine when we first got married. About five years ago I went out with a female friend and she accused me of cheating on her, we have cleared that incident but things remain the same. She says that she has no desire for intercourse and...

My wife got sued [ 1 Answers ]

My wife got sued by Asset Acceptance Management LLC she never got served papers so she didn't know about a court date until a final judgement was put against her. I don't know what to do I was out of work 6 months had to take a low paying job am in loss mitigation with the mortgage company. My...

I am filling F1 and my wife H1 [ 3 Answers ]

I am filling as F1 as I am still a student. My wife was a student till May 2005 but after which she got a job. So, she is currently on H1. 1. what is a procedure to fill taxes for H1? 2. can we fill the taxes together so that we pay less to Uncle SAM?

View more questions Search