Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mac1206 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Lawn and garden lawn mowers honda 3011
    I Have A Honda 3011 Riding Mower. The Battery Is Charged And When I Engage The Transmission, The Warning Beep Sounds Loudly. When I Turn The Key To Start, There Is No Sound And No Cranking. Any Suggestions To Cure Will Be Appreciated. Thanks.
    agireland Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2008, 02:10 PM
    First you are going to have to bypass the seat safety shut-of switch so that you can crank the mower with the hood up. Raise the hood and look up underneath it. You will see two wires coming down and going into butt-connectors. Unhook them and hook the two coming up from the engine area together. Leave the ones coming out of the seat disconnected. Then look at the battery and you will see a small black plastic box in between the battery and the engine. Take a long flathead screw driver and press in on the center of the box while cranking it and it should fire. I haven't had any luck finding a replacement part for it yet, but so far it is working fine. Just don't forget that the mower will not turn off when you get off the seat so be sure to turn the mower off before you get off. Safety first! Good luck
    waterbird808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 11:14 AM

I had the same problem and it was the hand brake switch. Took the switch out wd40 on button check the wires. You should hear buzzer go off and on when pressing button on the switch while ignition key is in the on position. Hope it help

James

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray lawn mowers [ 1 Answers ]

I have broken the engine stop cable on my lawn mower how do I fix the problem

Wrong gas in lawn mowers [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I put 2 stroke fuel mix in my rider and push mower. Is it possible to syphon it out and try again, or am I screwed and need to buy a new mower? Thanks for any advise.

Lawn and garden [ 2 Answers ]

Why is my lawn mower throwing oil?

Lawn Chief Riding Mowers [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I purchase a spark plug for our riding mower? My husband misplaced the spark plug that was in the mower.

Lawn & Garden [ 2 Answers ]

I just got ripped off by a landscaper. He installed my new lawn. I won't go into major detail about it. I have patchy grass. I know it takes a few years for it to fill out (I think). He left me high and dry. My lawn is full of weeds. Should I use weed & feed at this time of year on a new...

View more questions Search