Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ma2181 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2005, 08:46 AM
    Moss In My Lawn
    I would like to know what to do about moss in my lawn. I have several patches of the stuff and would like to rid my lawn of it??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2005, 07:26 AM
    You can kill it off with regular broad leaf weed killer. Perhaps some lime along with a shade resistant grass would keep it from coming back. Try perennial rye, it thrives almost anywhere. If the area is too shady, you might give up on grass and go to a ground cover.
    MAcybervikki Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 11:11 AM
    Dawn dishsoap
    Heard Dawn kills moss... should try out in small patch though, don't know what it does to regular grass. Try mixing it up pretty diluted at first.
    Katie D Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2005, 05:20 PM
    Moss in the Lawn
    Moss likes an acidic soil, shade, and lots of moisture. Take away one or or all. I am guessing you can't do much about the shade.

Kill it off with a weed killer, but to keep this problem from coming back... keep the area well limed. I used lime every month for the first year... and that did the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd lawn tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used mtd lawn tractor, 38" deck, 7 speed manual ,12 hp I/c briggs engine. The tractor needs a new transmission belt. Because I don't have an owners manual or parts list, I don't know which belt to order. Does anyone know what belt I need?

6.5 hp lawn boy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6.5 hp lawn boy that just stopped igniting spark. I used it last week with no troubles and now I have no spark. I have checked the "kill" switch circuit, and it is working properly, what next?

Lawn chief 12/39 [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a lawn chief 12/39 used.The problem I am having is it starts very hard and I usually have to jump start it.When I do get it started.I can drive around all day without problems and it can also sit idle with the mower running but when both are engaged it stalls.It has a 12hp briggs engine in...

Which lawn machine do I buy [ 13 Answers ]

I am moving to Pa. in a few months and I have an acre of land, some flat and some hilly . Which riding lawn mower should I buy? Any suggestions?

Moss in grass [ 1 Answers ]

I have some moss growing in the grass in my back yard. The yard is on the eastern side of the house and has trees on one side. It does get sun during the day until the early afternoon. It has been airrated. The moss is starting to create bald patches in the grass. What can I do to get the...

View more questions Search