Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbie2851haas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Relationship to Brother-in-law
    Is my husband's brother-in-law also my brother-in-law?

What does it mean for a relative to be once removed?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Yes, debbie, your husband's brother-in-law is also your brother-in-law.

Once removed usually means the child of the relative. So, if you and I were first cousins, my child would be your first cousin, once removed. Our children would be second cousins to each other.

I hope this helped. Any other questions, just ask. :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 03:39 AM
    Ruby is correct. Here's an explanation - with a chart - of cousins and cousins removed:

Genealogy.com: What is a First Cousin, Twice Removed?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Good Morning Rick. I haven't seen questions like this in a while and I forgot Geneaology was a hobby of yours! Great web site!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inept brother in law executor [ 29 Answers ]

I am writing this in regards to my husband, this does not concern me at all legally. My mother in law has her 48 year old son who has a history of DUI's, and bad judgements, and does not work a "regular" job, as executor of her will. This lady is pretty wealthy, and has gone to an estate lawyer to...

My sister in law is looking for her brother. [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for ancestors of this person. She went by Eleonore Schlund born 04-03-1939. Not sure of the year of birth. She had a child male born 1954-55 and a female born 05-17-1956. She was adopted and moved to the United States at birth or shortly afterwards. She was given to DeForest Wood and...

Brother in law dying. [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I dreamt that my brother in law was dying of cancer and I was really distraught while every one else was trying to put a brave face on for him. I looked in my dream dictionary this morning and it said that I wished him dead which is not true. What does it really mean? :(

Annoying Brother in Law [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is due to get married to her fiancé next August and for the previous two years he has lived at our house. The plan is for them to move out after the wedding but personally I don't see this happening. Its not that I'm a nasty person just that my home life has been a nightmare since his...

View more questions Search