Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 25, 2009, 04:58 PM
    I've heard that declawing is no longer legal in certain areas and more and more vets refuse to do it. I have 3 cats and none are declawed. I find that giving their claws a weekly trim is all that is needed to keep them from doing damage to furniture.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 08:53 AM

True - it's going the same way as tail docking and ear cropping.
    It can be hard to find a vet here to do it - mainly because around here the way to do it is using the laser - so if clinics don't have it, they don't offer it.
    GraceA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Comment on AKaeTrue's post
    I just want to add to those of you who are saying not to declaw, let me point out that some of us live in apartment complexes that allow cats but the rules are to front paw declaw them. When I was looking for apartments in my area and it seemed when

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New kitten [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted a kitten from a shelter 6 days ago. She is in my bedroom and I have put food out for her and a kitty litter pan. She uses the pan and eats all her food but I never see her. I think she is hiding under my bed, but I can't find her. I go in the room and read to her and talk to her, but I...

Kitten help [ 2 Answers ]

Kittens in dire need of help!! Hello all,I am a first timer to this page.So I wasn't sure what catergory to put this under.I am a foster mommy to a beautiful cat who just recently had kittens last month.Before hand I didn't have fleas in my house and now I do,and they are on my kittens and I am...

My Kitten [ 2 Answers ]

My kitten got out during her very first heat(Ithink it was Septhember), now last night she was lying on my bed and her belly was moving all over, so I am sure she has kittens, how do I know when she is ready to give brth? Thank you

New Kitten [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a kitten supposedly 7 weeks old. It doesn't eat much at all and is very skinny. To the point you can feel boes easily. Probably the runt. Should I be concerned and what can I do to get my kitty eating more to fatten up a bit.

I want another kitten! [ 9 Answers ]

Ok I already have one kitten.. she will be a yr old on July 15! Her name is Tinx.. She is my baby.. she is so spoiled! But I want to get another kitten so Tinx has someone to play with while we are away at work! The only problem she doesn't seem to get along very well with other cats.. I guess...

View more questions Search