Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2005, 05:47 PM
    New educator credit
    Does anybody know if the new educator expense adjustment, line 23, can be used by somebody teaching in an adult GED program?

Frankly it is just one more bit of garbage added to the disgusting mess we call the income tax. At the most, it will only mean $125 to a few couples. Anybody that would let that influence their vote should be kept away from children.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 1, 2005, 07:13 AM
    Labman:

Since GED is the equivalent of a high school teacher, you would qualify.

BTW, the deduction is $250.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit cards [ 18 Answers ]

My friend used her parents credit card after they had been deceased. When somebody called her house to speak with them a relative told the company they were desceased. Now the company is calling and wants a death certificate sent. What can she do to not get in trouble over this. Ignore the...

Credit fraud? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife recently told me she doesn't want to be married anymore and I can accept that. I also found out she took out a half dozen credit cards in my name and charged up to $25,000.00. Even though we are still married is there any legal action I can take in the state of New Jersey.

Credit cards [ 7 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to close credit cards? I have three credit cards and now, it is eating up half my salary and I struggle to pay the minimum balance too. I agree I should not have taken it in the first place, but now that I have, I am seeking advise to close it. Please advice

View more questions Search